- Best SellerProduct Variants SelectorCurrent Price$13.96$13.96 - $14.92$14.92NextDay eligibleon orders $35+
- Reduced PriceCurrent Price$12.19$12.19List List Price$16.99$16.99Sold & shipped by eForCityFree delivery
- Product Variants SelectorCurrent Price$12.79$12.79 - $12.99$12.99NextDay eligibleon orders $35+
- Reduced PriceCurrent Price$12.99$12.99List List Price$29.29$29.29Sold & shipped by KtaxonFree delivery
- NewCurrent Price$11.50$11.50Free delivery on orders over $35
- Only at WalmartProduct TitleMainstays Stainless Steel Digital Kitchen ScaleCurrent Price$19.88$19.88Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Current Price$13.99$13.992-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Current Price$27.97$27.97Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Current Price$8.95$8.95Sold & shipped by WEBER PRO INC
- Current Price$34.95$34.95Free delivery on orders over $35
Proportions are everything in the cooking world. Too much cinnamon can ruin a dish, and too little baking powder can doom a pastry. Kitchen scales remove the guesswork and help ensure the proper ratio of ingredients. Even experienced cooks with a developed intuition for proportions can appreciate the usefulness of kitchen scales, since they can convert measurements into imperial and metric units like grams, ounces, pounds and kilograms; it's an especially helpful feature when following new recipes from foreign cookbooks. You can also use kitchen scales to determine portion sizes, which is great for those following a weight-loss regimen or a special diet. You'll find an assortment of kitchen scales to suit your needs and your budget at Walmart.com.
The best food scales are accurate, intuitive to read, easy to clean and sleek for simple storage. Most modern scales are digital, and they're typically more accurate and slimmer than traditional mechanical scales. Ozeri kitchen scales are a popular choice; most models have a tare function, which subtracts the weight of the dish to weigh just the ingredients contained in the dish, and a unit conversion function, so you can get your measurement in the relevant imperial or metric unit.
What makes a kitchen scale a kitchen scale?
Kitchen scales typically measure items between 0.05 ounces and 12 pounds. If you're looking to weigh items lighter than about 5 grams, you should consider a jeweler's scale. For items heavier than 12 pounds, go for a more general-purpose scale. Kitchen scales are for common food items like meats, vegetables, spices and baking ingredients.