- Open architecture storage
- Current Price$269.00$269.00Free deliveryFree pickup
- Current Price$159.99$159.99Free deliveryFree pickup
- Best SellerProduct TitleMainstays 31" 3 Shelf Bookcase, Rustic OakCurrent Price$22.88$22.88Pickup OnlyFree pickup today
- Best SellerProduct TitleMainstays 71" 5 Shelf Bookcase, Canyon WalnutCurrent Price$29.88$29.88Pickup OnlyFree pickup today
- NewCurrent Price$189.00$189.00Free deliveryFree pickup
- Best SellerCurrent Price$111.19$111.19List Price$184.99$184.99Free deliveryFree pickup
- Product Variants SelectorCurrent Price$125.00$125.00List Price$172.50$172.50Free deliveryFree pickup
- Current PriceIn-store purchase only
- Best SellerCurrent Price$112.00$112.00List Price$209.00$209.00Free deliveryFree pickup
- Current Price$178.51$178.51Sold & shipped by Hayneedle
Bookcases & Bookshelves
Bookcases are functional pieces of home or office furniture that can also contribute to the overall aesthetic of a room. When shopping for bookcases, there are a variety of factors to consider.
First, consider the size of your book collection and any other items you want to store on the shelves. If you have especially tall books, you'll want to make sure that the individual shelves are sufficiently spaced to accommodate them. Next, measure the width and length of your walls to determine how much space you have available, so you can make sure that the bookcases you buy will fit. When looking at a bookcase’s display page, scroll down to find the assembled product dimensions to ensure a proper fit.
Another factor to consider is configuration. Corner bookshelves maximize space for books in a small room. A leaning bookshelf, or ladder shelf bookcase, is tilted toward the wall, offering a unique way to display books and other items. If you’re looking for style and durability, barrister bookshelves have a cabinet-esque look, typically featuring glass doors. Cube bookcases offer a more compartmentalized cube storage option that also can add a modern aesthetic to the room's organization.
Bookcases come in a variety of materials. Solid wood bookcases are sturdy and durable but tend to be heavier than other bookcases. Laminate appears similar to wood but is lighter and tends to be less expensive. Plastic bookcases are another lightweight option, and they're great for kids' rooms, since they resist stains. Metal bookshelves are very sturdy and are a fantastic choice for offices.
At Walmart, you'll find a wide variety of bookcases and other furniture, all at Every Day Low Prices.