- Best SellerProduct TitleGeneral Finishes, Gel Stain, Oil Based, Java, QuartCurrent Price$29.48$29.48Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
- Best SellerCurrent Price$16.83$16.83 - $56.00$56.00Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Best SellerCurrent Price$8.52$8.52 - $13.42$13.42Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Best SellerProduct TitleMinwax Stainable Wood Filler 6-OzCurrent Price$9.36$9.36Sold & shipped by ProMax CommerceFree delivery
- RollbackProduct TitleFlood CWF-UV Penetrating Wood Finish CedarCurrent Price$22.31$22.31 - $75.65$75.65Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
- Reduced PriceProduct TitleMinwax Dark Walnut Wood Finish Stain MarkerCurrent Price$7.40$7.40 - $35.89$35.89Sold & shipped by T&S HardwareFree delivery
- Current Price$10.99$10.99Sold & shipped by M&S Hardware
- RollbackProduct TitleGlidden Redwood Stain Exterior 1-GallonCurrent Price$8.97$8.97Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Product TitleWeathered Gray Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain, QuartCurrent Price$8.97$8.972-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Current Price$12.57$12.57Sold & shipped by ProMax CommerceFree delivery
What types of wood finishes are eco-friendly?
Natural oils and waxes are the most eco-friendly of wood finishes. Beeswax and linseed oil, as well as safflower oil and carnauba wax, are "green" finishes. Water-based varnishes and stains have good green ratings.
How do I apply a wood stain?
Apply a thin coat of wood conditioner first so the stain doesn t leave blotches on the wood. Then apply stain with a brush or a rag, whichever you prefer. Work both with the grain and against it when using a brush. Wipe off all excess stain going in the direction of the grain of the wood.
Can I mix stains for a customized color?
You can combine stains as long as both stains are made by the same manufacturer and both are either water-based or oil-based.