- Best SellerCurrent Price$16.83$16.83 - $56.00$56.00Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Best SellerProduct TitleMinwax Stainable Wood Filler, 6 oz.Current Price$6.96$6.96Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Best SellerCurrent Price$9.29$9.29 - $20.84$20.84Sold & shipped by Toolboxsupply
- Best SellerCurrent Price$8.52$8.52 - $13.42$13.42Free delivery on orders over $35
- Product TitleFlood CWF-UV Penetrating Wood Finish - CedarCurrent Price$20.24$20.24 - $157.55$157.55Free delivery on orders over $35
- Current Price$62.13$62.13Sold & shipped by The Stain DepotFree delivery
- NewProduct Variants SelectorSponsored ProductProduct TitleKILZ Over Armor Wood/Concrete Coating, 1 gallonCurrent Price$29.87$29.87List Price$35.99$35.99Free delivery on orders over $35
- Only at WalmartCurrent Price$1085.44$1,085.44($542.72/fl oz)Free deliveryFree pickup today
What types of wood finishes are eco-friendly?
Natural oils and waxes are the most eco-friendly of wood finishes. Beeswax and linseed oil, as well as safflower oil and carnauba wax, are "green" finishes. Water-based varnishes and stains have good green ratings.
How do I apply a wood stain?
Apply a thin coat of wood conditioner first so the stain doesn t leave blotches on the wood. Then apply stain with a brush or a rag, whichever you prefer. Work both with the grain and against it when using a brush. Wipe off all excess stain going in the direction of the grain of the wood.
Can I mix stains for a customized color?
You can combine stains as long as both stains are made by the same manufacturer and both are either water-based or oil-based.