- Reduced PriceCurrent Price$209.99$209.99List List Price$390.99$390.992-day deliveryon orders $35+Sold & shipped by Best Choice Products
- RollbackCurrent Price$379.00$379.00List Price$394.00$394.002-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Sponsored productCurrent Price$999.00$999.00Free deliveryPickup discount eligible
- Product TitleWeslo CardioStride 4.0 Manual Folding TreadmillCurrent Price$89.00$89.00List Price$103.67$103.672-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup
- Sponsored productCurrent Price$1399.00$1,399.00Free deliveryPickup discount eligible
- Product TitleStamina Avari Magnetic TreadmillCurrent Price$249.00$249.00Free deliveryPickup discount eligible
- Reduced PriceCurrent Price$199.99$199.99List List Price$381.99$381.992-day deliveryon orders $35+Sold & shipped by Best Choice Products
- Best SellerCurrent Price$287.00$287.002-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- RollbackCurrent Price$219.99$219.99List Price$279.99$279.99Free deliveryFree pickup
- RollbackCurrent Price$289.00$289.00Free deliveryPickup discount eligible
Staying fit in a world of junk food and sedentary lifestyles is a must these days. But when the weather or your busy schedule keeps you indoors, getting intensive aerobic exercise isn't easy. Walking or running on a treadmill is a great way to lose weight and burn calories while decreasing your risk of cardiovascular disease as well. But be sure you're using the treadmill the right way to get the most benefit. Here's how you can use the treadmill most effectively to reach your desired fitness goals.
First things first: dressing to be safe and comfortable. A simple tee and shorts or well-fitting pants'>sweatpants that keep your legs and hands free will keep you from falling. Start with a warm-up walk on the treadmill to prepare your joints and muscles for the actual workout. You can set the treadmill on a 2% incline and walk for about five minutes; this prepares your body and mind to go into exercise mode. It also kick starts your metabolism and keeps muscle pain at bay.
Keep it Slow and Steady
Running on a treadmill is not the same as running outdoors. Increase your pace gradually after the warm-up. After a few minutes start a sprint and remember not to increase your speed too fast, as that may cause injury. Ask your gym trainer about the pre-programmed interval training workouts. If you are using a treadmill without professional help, read the instructions very carefully; this will help you plan your workout to burn calories the safe way!
Learn to Make Exercise Interesting
The beauty of exercising on a treadmill is that you can vary your training to keep it fun. Switching between distance training and speed will help you burn calories smartly. Warming up can be followed by a 20 minute sprint at a good speed. On other days, you can jog for an hour at a slower pace for a change. Whatever training you do, whether speed or distance, cooling down slowly is a must. Talk to your gym instructor about trying an uphill program on the treadmill to build stamina and keep it fun at the same time.
Watch Every Step and Keep it Safe
How can you lose weight and burn calories effectively with the treadmill? Keeping it safe and natural is the secret. For good results and burn maximum calories, avoid holding the bars as that takes weight off the body and the workout becomes less intense. Holding on to the handrails also increases the risk of accidents. If you feel like taking a break, hit the stop button before getting off the treadmill.
Get More Creative Workouts
Once you are very comfortable walking on the treadmill, burning more calories is your next goal, so you can get a little creative with your workout. Challenge your upper body by walking with your hands above your head. Wear light ankle weights while walking on the treadmill for toned legs. Use a high-incline workout or back-walking with a safe speed limit of less than 2.5 miles per hour. Remember to get professional advice before getting creative with your treadmill workout regimen to burn those additional calories. If you are passionate about walking on the treadmill, watch some challenging treadmill exercise videos to keep losing weight!