WD 2TB My Book Desktop Storage
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The WD 2TB My Book Desktop Storage Drive securely holds large amounts of data for backup purposes or as a hard drive expansion. Using USB 3.0, it saves and retrieves files rapidly. The plug 'n play design makes the drive easy to use; simply connect without having to install additional software or drivers. This My Book external hard drive holds more than 1,000,000 photos, over 500,000 songs or as many as 1,053 hours of HD video, making it suitable for storing large amounts of media. It is also compatible with a wide range of operating systems on both PC and Mac computers.
WD 2TB My Book Desktop Storage:
Expanded digital storage
- USB 3.0
Flexible interface with fast transfer speeds
- Plug n play
- Holds up to 1,300,000 photos
- Holds up to 571,000 songs
- Holds up to 1,053 hours of HD video
- WD external hard drive system requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard (requires formatting for Mac)
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.91|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.0 x 8.07 x 7.52|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- This WD 2TB My Book Desktop Storage comes preformatted with the HFS+ Journaled file system. It needs to be reformatted to the NTFS file system to function with Windows operating systems. Instructions on how to reformat to the NTFS file system can be found here: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865/.by WDSupport2/23/2014Written by a verified representative from WDSupportWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not see why not. If you end up with a "mac version" format it to NTFS and it will work just fineby Hexdef62/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This version of the WD My Book Desktop Storage comes preformatted with the HFS+ Journaled file system and makes it compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion. For use with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 it requires to be reformatted to the NTFS file system, instructions can be found here: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865. For our gamma of out of the box windows compatible desktop drives, please refer to the following link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/external/desktop/. For our available Mac OS X compatible out of the box desktop drives you may wish to visit this link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/external/desktopformac/.by WDSupport2/23/2014Written by a verified representative from WDSupportWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No such Animal as a Mac version hard drive it just need to be formatted to NTFS in windows and voila a windows version hard driveby Hexdef62/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?