Straight Talk ZTE Merit Z990G Prepaid Smartphone
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Made with a 3.5" touchscreen, the ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk Prepaid Cell Phone gives you bright and clear web browsing and messaging. With access to over 450,000 apps on Google Play, the ZTE Straight Talk Phone gives you endless ways to customize your phone. Plus, the 5MP camera and video recorder on the ZTE Straight Talk Phone allows you to capture all your special moments. With GPS capabilities, the ZTE Straight Talk Phone lets you know where you're going, no matter where you are. The Android 2.3 operating system and 600MHz processor on this straight talk cell phone ensures a fast, intuitive response. With Straight Talk Cell Phones, the ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk Prepaid Cell Phone is the choice for anyone who needs more than the basics of a cell phone.
Straight Talk ZTE Merit Z990G Prepaid Cell Phone:
- This phone will only work with the $45/30-Day Unlimited Service Plan or the $65/30-Day Unlimited International Service Plan
- 3.5" touchscreen
- Android 2.3 OS
- 5MP camera/video recorder
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Instant messaging
- Advanced GPS capabilities
- 3G/WiFi connectivity
- 600MHz processor
- 5 home screens
- Access to over 450,000 apps on Google Play
- MP3 player
- Supports microSD cards up to 32GB
- Gravity sensor
- Tilt and shake
- Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) rating: M3/T3
- 1500 mAh lithium battery
- Talk time: up to 5.8 h
- Standby time: up to 10 days
- Includes battery, charger, 2GB microSD memory card, activation card, service guide and user manual
|Service Carrier:||Straight Talk|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||6.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||4.45 x 2.32 x 4.45|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Can I use an unlocked t-mobile my touch (4G) phone with the Straight Talk plans ($45-50/month - unlimited talk, text, data plans)?
- Yes, it states that right on Straight Talk's website, under the SIM card section.by EWSHEDS9/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- if you have an unlocked phone that uses a SIM card, you should be able to buy a SIM card from straight talk, it should work.by micklooking11/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Unlocked, with SIM Card, you should be able to, you will have to upate the APN info, look in the app store for APN Update ( Tweakker APN INTERNET MMS works great ) this will set the connection correctly.by micklooking8/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can use your phone, and you will get 4G. The previous person said you would not. If you go to straighttalksim.com you will find this answer. But only if it is a real tmobile phone that had 4G to start with. att phones will work, but no 4G. Most people, probably 99% do not know that tmobile phones have a extra band(1700mhz) that att does not have, thats where they get the 4G from. Let me know how it works, I have a tmobile I am thinking about switching.by Ledguy10/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can with Straight Talk's Bring Your Own Phone program. All you will need to do is buy the proper sim card(unlocked or T Mobile). You will not get 4G though through Straight Talk. You will be limited to 3G for your net services. More information can be found at http://www.straighttalksim.comby Jarryed8/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Yo hsve to contact straighttalk to get a straighttalk compatible sim card. I suggest going to their site so you can get one specifically for your phone. They also have simcards for other carriers too. Also I believe that is a smartphone and any that need a data link will only work with the $45.by chatrage8/22/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has a camera app and a camcorder app. You can put the widgets on your screen for fast access.by Kyrsta12/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (11)Was this answer helpful?
- Dear YeaBuddy123, Yes, this phone has a camera. The camera "button" so to speak is the "Silver Circle w/a pinwheel" in it. It is on the far bottom left of the "touch screen" after you are in the Camera Mode. Find the photo you want to take...then "tap/touch push" the Circle mentioned above.by Sweetpeacm0612/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (14) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope, you have to unlock the phone, go to the screen where your camera button is located on the "desktop" of your phone then click the camera app, then you can take a picture.by Bones122012/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (11)Was this answer helpful?
- The phone does not have a physical button built into it. When using the camera there is a virtual button to press on the screen of the camera app.by KYbachelor12/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (11)Was this answer helpful?
- If you are talking about a button on the phone itself for the camera shutter...then no it does not. There is however a shutter button when the camera app when it is open that you can push on the screen to take a picture.by Jarryed12/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (13)Was this answer helpful?
- This is on AT&T Towersby WandaLoo637/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it uses AT&T towers.by TheChuck32110/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The in-store card that the phone is displayed in says it is a GMA phone.... this is essentially a ATT network phone; however, the Straight Talk site doesn't seem to make this point clear....WHY? Is it so difficult to share this with potential customers? I've spent days looking on-line for a Verizon android and it's so vague!by RDST7/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it's At&tby eah26016/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The G at the end of the model number means it uses AT&T towers. A "C" at the end would mean it uses Verizon towers.by TxGal7710/21/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?