Singer 5400 Sew Mate 60-Stitch Sewing Machine, 5400
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Singer 5400 Sew Mate sewing machine packs a punch! With features including 60 built-in stitches, variable needle positions and 4 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes, project possibilities are endless. The heavy-duty metal frame provides for overall durability and skip-free sewing. Push button stitch selection makes choosing your desired stitch foolproof, also assisted by the Stitch Guide included in your owner's manual. Easily reinforce stitches and sew in reverse with the Automatic Reverse button found on the front of the machine. The handy Quick Start Guide and Machine Intro DVD, included, will help you get started in no time!
Singer Sew Mate 60-Stitch Sewing Machine, 5400:
- Electronic sewing technology
- 60 built-in stitches featuring:
- 8 essential stitch patterns for basic sewing
- 8 stretch stitch patters for clothing construction and mending
- 40 decorative stitch patterns to create special detail
- 4 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes
- Additional automatic features:
- Needle threader
- Thread tension control
- Stitch length and width
- Presser foot activation
- Accessories with on-board storage:
- All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, needle pack, class 15 bobbins, thread spool cap, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, darning plate, needle plate, screwdriver, seam ripper/lint brush, soft-sided dust cover, foot control and power cord
- Integrated free arm provides easy access to sewing cuffs, collars and other difficult-to-reach areas
- Machine weight: 138 lbs
- Assembled dimensions: 18.3"W x 10.0"D x 14.5"H
- Model# 5400
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||17.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||16.5 x 8.0 x 12.5|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I think that's supposed to be 13.8 lbs. Shipping weight is always estimated high, and includes the box. The one at the store was not more than 15 lbs.by Keeska9/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you look at the shipping weight of 17.1, I guess that makes it a terrible typo.by hgrlmts6/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think that is a type o. I have this machine and it's not that heavy or any heavier than any other sewing machine.by Debbie19596/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is obviously a typo. I just got back from WalMart, and was able to lift it easily with one hand. I'd estimate the weight to be less than 20 lbs.by Pat00111/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (16) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, this product weighs 17.1 lbsby CommunityAnswer4/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- lol, no. Maybe 13.8 :)by OkSusan8/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- No it weighs approximately 18 lbs.by An anonymous customer10/26/2015Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (5) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Does the 5400 model have a handle on top and does it come with a hard cover case for carrying to a class?
- It does not come with a hard cover, but they do sell a "universal" hard case at Wal Mart. It has a slot that your hand goes into to lift the machine, not a lift up or separate handle.by SewPat8/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It doesn't come with a regular handle that you lift up the handle is a molded inside of the machine located at the top for carrying it. It does not come with a carrying case but it does come with a white plastic cover. Hope this helps.by Malanie6/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It doesn't have a handle on top, but it has a place where your hands grip it in the middle. There is a soft cover for the machine.by Debbie19596/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?