Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Prestone Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant is the ideal solution to help your engine last longer. Fortified with the new patented Cor-Guard" improved extended life technology, Prestone prevents corrosion and helps keep your cooling system running more efficiently. Keep your entire cooling system, including your radiator and water pump, free from the damaging effects of worn-out antifreeze. Use Prestone, the antifreeze specifically designed for the sophisticated engines in today's cars and light duty trucks.
Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant with Cor-Guard":
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||9.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 4.3 x 11.625|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. I have a Buick Car that requires Dex-Cool Antifreeze. I have one gallon of Prestone Dex-Cool and one gallon of Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze.
- Dex-Cool is the GM trade name for its OAT coolant, Organic Acid Technology. Try not to mix colors or manufacturers. Not everyone uses the same organic acid(s) in their coolants. For example BMW uses a blue dye. It is easier to just buy a gallon from BMW than it is to worry about if any interactions will occur between coolants. If your vehicle is under warranty then do not mix colors of antifreeze. Most important do not let your coolant level get low. The OAT will turn into a soap like scum when exposed to air in a radiator. This will block those passages and cause the car to run hotter causing more coolant to leak and then exposing more radiator to air. This will continue repeating until both your car's engine and its radiator or clogged with soap. If your are lucky it can be purged out if not, replacement of both which is expensive.by admiralbrown11/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes a new class of inhibitors, called organic acids. Examples of U.S. brands with these organic acids: Havoline Dex-Cool and Prestone Extended Life, both recommended for five years or 150,000 miles.by RiceBike6/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Stick with the Dex-Cool. I put a one type fits all (Prestone) anti-freeze in my Cadillac and within an hour a hose blew off. It didn't overheat or anything, but the bypass hose popped off. I put the hose back and replaced the Prestone universal with Prestone Dex-Cool and have never had another problem. One note if your GM vehicle recommends an additive use it. It is an acid neutralizer and stop leak and it really works. I don't have the part number, but it is in pill form and contains Sal Soda, Turmeric and walnut shell powder--believe it or not--and it is really is good stuff. My Cadillac owners manual stipulates that it be used or the warranty is voided. They may not recommend it for all GM vehicles. It seems that they use it for engines that have aluminum and iron combinations.by Baronbigdog5/4/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- I would/and have replaced my dexcool. I used 2 gallons of new dexcool, and I have a gallon of universal for the occasional top-off. By the way my origional dexcool lasted 10 yrs! Good luck, Donnieby chchchuk1/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am having the leaking intake issues on a Chevy van. Don't know if I didn't replace the Dexcool in time or mixed with the extended and caused the problem. I am nursing it along and will replace with DEX-Cool when the gaskets are replaced. Why chance it. Change ALL fluids on time with the correct type and don't worry about it.by Goldwing851/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- hello jesse i ran into this dexcol issue in febuary since you can add prestone extended life to any color coolant, id use prestone extended life, i heard horror stories of dexcol eating at intake gaskets. i replaced my gaskest and flushed system, and only use green prestone extended life. so you will know for later since your question is a month old you probably already made a desision, but if you didnt already switch to green id do it as soon as u can do not wait 5 years as it breaks down much faster than dexcool states. goo luck i love my buicksby sleeplessnseattle1/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. What color is this? Can I "mix" this in with the pink coolant in a 2008 Toyota to bring up the level?
- I would not mix colors, the German auto manufacturers, the Japanese auto manufacturers and the Americans all used different organic acids as the means of protection in their coolants. You are better off going to your dealer and getting the same colored coolant. The different colored dye is there for a reason.by admiralbrown11/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you can mix it, it is yellow, I have mixed it with green, and red anti freeze without any problemsby gshanks9/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can, it mixes with any color coolant. Use the 50/50 version, do not use the concentrate.by Tech advisor10/12/2015Written by a verified representative from Tech advisorWas this answer helpful? (2) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I've used this in my 60's, 70's muscle cars , my 2008 gm pick, 2002 corvette,by gshanks8/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can use the Prestone Extended life antifreeze/coolant in your Cadillac with no problems.by Tech advisor7/31/2015Written by a verified representative from Tech advisorWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?