Monster M7 7" Tablet 16GB Memory Dual Core, Candy Blueberry
About this item
About this item
Monster has engineered the finest in mobile computing. The Monster M7 Tablet has the sleek look and quality craftsmanship that you have come to expect from Monster. Now, this is being brought to you at an incredible price. You can email, surf the Internet, read eBooks, view photos, play games, listen to music and watch HD video. With Google Play you can access thousands of applications with plenty of games, social media, and productivity tools to meet your needs. The Monster® M7 Tablet looks as cool as it works. Enjoy doing more with the Monster M7 Tablet.
Monster 7" Tablet, Dual Core with 16GB memory
Software and Applications:
What's in the Box:
|Processor Type:||Dual-Core Processor|
|Processor Speed:||1.50 GHz|
|System Ram:||1 GB|
|Hard Drive Size:||16 GB|
|Laptop Screen Size:||N/A|
|Battery Life:||8 hours|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Network Connection:||802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi|
|Connector Type:||1 x Headphone, 1 x MicroUSB 2.0, 1 x MiniHDMI|
|Operating System:||Google Android|
|Accessories Included:||AC charger, micro USB cable|
|Operating System Version:||Android 4.1|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||6.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.46 x 4.77 x 0.46|
Ask a question
- It's a chance you take. It will either break or not. It took 5 weeks for ours to break. The port came out when I pulled out the charger. Did not use the charger it came with and it still happened. Was not because of carelessness. It's an issued with the tablet. A pain to get it resolved and just better to purchase something else.by rtig10/31/2015Was this answer helpful? (17) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would not buy this tablet again, I don't recommend it either. My charging port (inside the tablet) broke and cannot be charged. I disagree with the statement that carelessness leads to this. My tablet was sitting on my nightstand charging, I then grabbed another one of my chargers and plugged in my phone and set that on top of the tablet. Doing so I bumped the cord going into my tablet (not even enough to move the tablet) and it sounded like it just popped. I didn't really think much about it as it wasn't loud or anything but in the morning when I went to use the tablet I tried to turn it on but it had no battery life left and died. I have not been able to charge it since. I had the tablet about 6 months MAX. The company is HORRIBLE, after many emails and phone calls (which generally is a machine recording that says they will call in the next 48 hours) and usually I end up calling at least 2-3 times before they call back (am waiting yet again after calling on 11/10/14 and 11/13/14. I proved my purchase and sent everything back to them (on 9/8/14) and still do not have an answer or response from them. Also if they said "If the issue with the tablets was user inflicted (damaged) or if we cannot locate an issue with the tablet itself; then you may be liable for a charge of $15+ (depending on the number of tablets) for the shipping and handling. We do not provide service for damaged units (however will provide a repair option) and apologize if this causes any inconveniences." This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!! I would NEVER have bought this tablet if I knew the company was so horrible.by psychocat060410/23/2015Was this answer helpful? (18) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is not carelessness by the buyer. I bought this tablet and within 24 hours the charging port housing broke and recessed inside the tablet.by MiniDoxie2/8/2015Was this answer helpful? (13) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is the port that is the issue. It is impossible for you to charge with any charger. We have had these tablet for months.... it will happen around 45-90 days. All of these people who are answering these questions have not had them long enough for this to happen, but it will!by DisapointedMomma1/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- After reading reviews about the charge port, when I got my tablet I didn't use the charge cable that came with it. I used a charge cable I had from my old cell phone that is mini usb and it plugs in and out very easily and have no problems. The cable that comes with the tablet fits very tight so don't use it.by sunshiner152/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (36) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Don't use that monster charging cable, the spikes or nubs at the end of the charging bracket is to long, I'm going to take a dremel tool and grind them down and see how it works on a old cellphone I have. I think that is the most problems with the charging port being pushed in and or ripped out.by Alienmenace2/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (23) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- In our tablet, the charging port broke in 3 days. On the tablet itself, it fell inside in table. So when you go the connect the cord, there is nothing to connect it to. The tablet now has an empty "hole".by frozen4now1/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (23) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If you are tough on the unit when the cord is attached, I don't know of any tablet that can take that type treatment. The only reason the Ipad family is tougher is the cord and receptacle are wider at the junction and any shock or stretching is equalized a little better. Micr and mini connections can't stand too much rough treatment.by jlwjr112/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (9) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- The charging port breaks off the mother board inside the tablet making it unable to be recharged.by 3formeMommy12/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (20) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Inside the tablet charger port pushes in, renders it unusable!by degrits10/23/2015Was this answer helpful? (17) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, mine has worked fine for 2 months so far without any problems.by GoodBuy2/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have been using my M7 for over a year and have had no hardware or connector problems. I am careful when plugging or un-plugging the charge cable due to the issues others have had. I will say that the update process is difficult to manage, although it worked once. The Bluetooth must be the oldest version because it is also slow and very weak signal, often won't recognize headphones or speakers that were paired previously but now won't work. I have tried many times to move things to the SD card to save space but only a few apps can be moved. I now can not update the Google or the Android or Facebook because it tells me I don't have enough available space, and I have no music or pictures on my M7. Boy what a disappointment. I have purchased a Toshiba Chromebook and what a wonderful surprise, PLEASE go read about the Chromebook laptops, they are the new Must Have for all of us that are tired of all these problems and don't like Windows or Apple anything. I only use my M7 now to listen to Pandora with a Bluetooth wireless speaker. The speaker in the M7 is worthless. Another note that really disappoints me, I paid 69 bucks for mine, NOT ON SALE, this year Walmart has them on Black Friday SPECIAL SALE priced for 79 bucks. No wonder most people are shopping elsewhere. Don't know who the Management folk think they are fooling, but they lost me as a customer.by buddygirl20112/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Mine is working well since I installed the manufacturer update, that solved the slouch performance. Speakers, camera, and various ports work well. I'm concerned about power connector failure and have been careful in that regard. I hope Monster works extra hard to address everyone's concerns. The walmart.com reviews could have been outstanding but for this one issue. I still believe it's a great tablet, one of my favorites.by Canopyfan211/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My son has had this since Christmas. He loves it; but yes one thing has broken on it and its the charging port.by Tellomex1/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Bought 4 of them for christmas firs one broke 3 days after and the other one lasted until 1/19/14 the other 2 are so far so good.by tttdog1/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO... I bought two of these as Christmas presents.. within two weeks the charging port sunk into the units... I have sent both units in and am WAITING to see what happens... at this point I am sorry I didn't return them to Walmart for refunds...by nosyjme11/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yet another update! Last night (1/18/14) the charging port caved in on my husband's tablet. Before that happened, the tablet had just stopped charging. I had seen the bad reviews complaining about the charging port, but figured others were just mishandling their tablets. Well I know my husband's wasn't mishandled, and I truly now believe there's a manufacturing defect. I also had an M7, and the headphone jack had been acting iffy. Probably a sign of things to come. Otherwise we loved everything else about the tablets. I thought the return period had already expired, but when I logged into my Walmart account last night I was able to print a return slip. Today I went to Walmart and returned them. Maybe they extended the return period on these because they know there's a problem that might take more than 15 days to happen. Even though they were covered by Monster's warranty, I decided to return the tablets and get my money back while I could. I didn't want to be putzing around with warranty claims and probably having to ship the tablets to Monster. Currently there's no other tablet we're interested in. We might again consider Monster tablets if we feel confident they corrected the manufacturing defects, and repurchase if we haven't purchased another brand.by NicknameNotUsed11/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have to answer again. My husband also has one, and tonight his stopped charging properly. Nothing appears loose, but the cord has to be jiggled slightly to get the lightning bolt to appear on the battery icon. It's not the cord, because I tried my cord in his tablet, and the same thing happens. Now I'm wondering when it's going to happen to mine. I use mine more and charge it more often.by NicknameNotUsed11/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I haven't had any problems. Maybe the people who broke their charging ports tried to connect it with the plug upside down, or didn't line it up properly. That's the only way I can see it happening.by NicknameNotUsed10/23/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can use Skype using the front facing camera on the tablet. I also believe that Skype is one of the preloaded apps on the tablet.by ArmyPanda12/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (21) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think skype is preloaded on the tablet. I don't recommend skype anymore, I think they started charging and there are many apps that do the same thing for free including google hangouts and Tango. The front facing camera makes it very convenient for a video phone.by htrod0112/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Skype is available on this tablet. You would have to download the app from Google Play. First update your firmware so your camera specs are improved. I use Skype all the time and it works great.by PEPione12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can Skype on this tablet. It has both a forward and rear facing cameras. A headset would be useful but there is a mic built in so you could Skype without a headset if you like.by DadinCarolina12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A Skype app came preinstalled.by VaBhodi12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes. Just go to the play store and type in skype. Skype for andriod will come up,then just find one you want to install.by onlinebuyer4412/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. In fact, it comes with the Skype app.by katillac11/20/2014Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?