About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Crispy and fresh salads are a cinch with the Mainstays Salad Spinner Basic. Simply load salad ingredients into this handy appliance, rinse them in the sink, and give it a spin. A handy spout located on the lid allows water to pour out the top and keeps the salad locked into place. Powered by a simple hand crank, this green appliance uses no electricity and compliments any modern kitchen.
Mainstays Salad Spinner Basic:
- 4-quart capacity
- Rinse, spin and dry salad in 1 appliance
- Dishwasher safe
- Hand powered
- Spout on lid removes excess water with ease
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.35|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.87 x 8.87 x 6.25|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- On the top of the lid, if you don't have a knob to turn the basket inside, then you're missing a part. Although I can't see how that would be removable, it's a solid part of the lid.by PHXpirates2/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There are only 3 pieces. The knob on the top spins the basket.by canijustbeme2/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It only has 3 pieces. turn the handle on the lid should spin the basket inside the bowl.by MarkinHpt11/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The lid should have a knob attached to it for spinning the top.by PolyJo069/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The spinner action is the knob on the top. Mine didn't work at first either.by Bravebuyr6/1/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope,... You got it all & it works very well ! Fill it with greens, place it in the sink, run the water down the funnel opening while spinning slowly (to wash the greens) then stop the water & spin faster to dry them. Best Salad Spinner I have owned :)by An anonymous customer2/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No there are holes in the bottom to drain water. This spinner is best used to remove access water from washed lettuce.by canijustbeme1/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no, just for drying the lettuce after washing.by MarkinHpt11/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, the dressing will drain out the bottom just as the water does when you are rinsing it and spinning it.by PolyJo069/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, you can not add salad dressing to your salad in this bowl as the basket sets in a bowl that has an open bottom, great for rinsing and draining but not for soaking or serving, as your dressing would drip out the bottom. Spinner must be held over the sink or a towel as water continuously spins out the bottom. My old salad spinner had a basket in a solid bowl. BUT I do love and recommend this $5.00 product. Easy to spin, light weight, dries produce very well.by Prettiful6/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. There are drainage holes in the bottom.by Byzalot6/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- of course not. #2 in the review says there's drain holes in the bottom. spin salad dry and put in serving bowl. that's also stated in the review. this extremely informative review tells you everything you could possibly want to know about this item. just read it.by b3804/21/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (9)Was this answer helpful?
- It has lasted me over 2 yrs. I use it alot & wash it in the dishwasher. It has outlasted the the more expensive pull-string I owned before this one. If the need arises, I'll buy this one again.by Katybug558/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Believe me. It last for years. Mine just cracked after so many years that I don't know how long! I'll be going to Walmart to pick up another one. I was surprised they had the same identical one as I've have it for so many years. Enjoy it. It works great!by pcgrammy7/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I haven't used it in the dishwasher, but it's so easy to rinse out and store. I would guess over a few years the inside spinner basket might get brittle and break, but gee, look at the price.by PHXpirates7/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- it is not bad but not great it is decent as a starter one till you can afford a better oneby ZonaFilms8/21/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Its pretty durable. I have had it for a few months and used it probably 10 times. Good deal for the price. However, if I have to buy another spinner I would get one that does not have drain openings in the bottom. It gets to be a hassle spinning in the sink or on a towel. Otherwise its a good product.by canijustbeme6/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?