Mainstays 5-Shelf Bookcase, Black
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
This Mainstays 5-Shelf Bookcase provides ample storage space for your books, collectibles and office supplies. With two fixed and three adjustable shelves, you can customize this piece to meet your storage needs. This adjustable-shelf bookcase comes in a sleek and sophisticated black color that is sure to complement most your home or office decor.
Mainstays 5-Shelf Bookcase, Black:
- 2 fixed shelves
- 3 adjustable shelves
- Ample open storage
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||64.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||29.7 x 11.6 x 71.4|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- It definitely would, but if you wanted to put it high up, you would want this shelf attached to the wall. On a side note, for those who have heavy books to put on these shelves, make certain that you flip the adjustable shelves every year or so to negate bowing, because they definitely will bow.by Simulana7/17/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to the instructions, the adjustable ones hold 35 pounds and the fixed ones hold 50 pounds.by Cristititi8/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Although I haven't purchased one yet. my sister did for Christmas. Her dad put it together and just left the bottom shelf off and she was able to put her 26 inch tv on there and it looks great. I have actually been looking on like it in the store not realizing it was a bookshelf until she told me.by kmacc1/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Possibly but I don't trust the dependablity of this bookshelf. I have a small television that is maybe a total of 10" and I had to buy a seperate piece for it because I just do not trust the quality of the bookshelf. Also, The top of the bookshelf is reletively close to the cealing compared to other bookshelfs and therefore it may not even fit.by mmllr61/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thats what I bough mine for!! We bought 4 of them and use them as huge shoe & boot shelves. I am 5'8", & my daughter is 5'5" and they work great for both of us. Yes it is about 6' ft tallby LowaD12/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, its taller than you and you could use it for that purpose if you really wanted toby SharonL5/28/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this unit is 6' tall. its pretty cheap, poorly made but if your lucky and the unit doesn't break on you, it should hold your sneakers just fine. Tho I wouldn't put anything of value or breakable on the shelves...by SweetEm5/27/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (3)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Is this bookshelf supposed to be unfinished on the very top? Even though I put it together correctly, the very top of the bookcase is unfinished! :(
- It is supposed to be that way. I was worried about that as well, but no one has noticed. Also, you can always put a decoration on top to disguise it if it really bothers you or perhaps paint it. It is 6ft tall I think so most people only see the underside unless you have an upstairs where people can see down. If that were the case I'd suggest a black paint recommended by a hardware store so it doesn't sink in and a decoration. :)by caspergrl041/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you are correct the top of the unit is just raw press-board. Yes, that is normal as no one can see it, and it keeps down the cost to make and sell the unit. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.by DorelInd12/28/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The top is indeed unfinished for some odd reason. I am not exactly fond of this myself, but the bookcase is pretty tall so it is unlikely anyone will see the top of it. Plus, keep in mind the money you've saved compared to a more quality bookcase... I would rather keep my 40 extra bucks and have an unfinished top! =)by Bakalady1/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?