CenturyLink Modem and Wireless-N Router Self-Install Kit
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The CenturyLink Modem and Wireless-N Router Self-Install Kit is designed specifically to support CenturyLink High-Speed Internet service. It is actually three products in one: an ADSL/VDSL modem, four-port Gigabit Ethernet switch and a 300Mbps Wireless-N access point. Fully supported by CenturyLink technical support, this product has been rigorously tested through the DSL Forum to ensure maximum performance. Security features include a robust firewall and easy-to-manage WEP encryption to keep your documents safe.
CenturyLink Modem and Wireless-N Router Self-Install Kit:
- Supports service speeds up to 40Mbps
- Fully supported by CenturyLink technical support centers
- Built-in 300Mbps Wireless-N Access Point and advanced security
- Gigabit Ethernet ports support up to 1000Mbps
- Everything you need to get online is included
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.7 x 8.9 x 1.8|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Since this item is a modem as well as a router, a separate modem is not necessary when using CenturyLink High-Speed Internet service for access to the Internet.by CommunityAnswer4/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. The modem connects to the service provider (plugs into the phone line for DSL, connects to cable line for cable internet). The router spreads the internet connection from the modem to other devices through Wifi. This particular product is a combination unit. It is a modem and router in one device. To use your existing router, all you need is a standard modem that is compatible with your service provider, and plug your router into the modem's ethernet port. If you only have 1 computer and do not need Wifi for other devices, you do not need a router. A standard modem will do just fine.by CMCreighton4/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I didn't encounter an offensive smell to mine. When I put my nose up to it, it has a slight plasticky odor but I have mine in the kitchen and I don't notice any smell.by gus201212/30/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The smell eventually will fade away.by CommunityAnswer7/15/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?