Fiskars 78846935 36 in. X27 Super Splitting Axe
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Fiskars 7884. . Features: Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits. Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed for more power. Advanced bevel convex blade geometry adds power and makes the blade easier to remove from wood. Unique head shape disperses wood from the blade for clean splitting. Proprietary blade-grinding technique provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cuts. Hardened forged steel blade stays sharper longer than traditional axes. Non-stick blade coating powers through wood and prevents cutting head from getting stuck. Unbreakable PermaHead insert-molded head doesn't loosen and prevents overstrike breakage. Shock-absorbing FiberComp handle is lightweight and comfortable. Non-slip grip reduces hand strain and improves control.
Ideal for taller users, or anyone who just prefers a longer axe, the X27 Super Splitting Axe provides enough power to make splitting medium to extra large sized logs easier and faster than ever. Like other Fiskars X-Series Hatchets and Axes, the X7 combines perfect weight distribution, advanced blade geometry, an ultra sharp edge and a virtually unbreakable design to maximize cutting performance. This combination of features allows the blade to disperse wood more effectively, offering more one-strike splits with each swing of the axe which means less effort and time needed to chop wood. It also includes Fiskar's longest handle for increased leverage to maximize the power and speed of your swing.FeaturesDesigned for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splitsPerfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed for more powerAdvanced bevel convex blade geometry adds power and makes the blade easier to remove from woodUnique head shape disperses wood from the blade for clean splittingProprietary blade-grinding technique provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cutsHardened forged steel blade stays sharper longer than traditional axesNon-stick blade coating powers through wood and prevents cutting head from getting stuckUnbreakable PermaHead insert-molded head doesn't loosen and prevents overstrike breakageShock-absorbing FiberComp handle is lightweight and comfortableNon-slip grip reduces hand strain and improves controlIncludes36 in. X27 Super Splitting Axe - 78846935SheathSpecificationsLength: 36 in.Weight: 6.28 lbs.Blade Material: SteelHandle Length: 36 in.Handle Material: FiberglassHandle Style: StraightHead Weight: 4.03 lbs.
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||32.0|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. I have seen several Fiskar36" super splitting axes online. This one has a 25 written on the handle and the one at Home Depot says 27. What's the
- If it says "X25", that's the 28" version. The "X27" is the 36".by MrBunyan8/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The X27 is 36" long whereas the X25 is 28" long. Whether you go for the longer or shorter depends on what you're comfortable with.by SkippyKtm2/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The X25 has a 28" long handle, the X27 has a 36" long handle. The longer handle is more effective and comfortable for taller individuals. In photos, it's hard to see that they are different sizes.by An anonymous customer2/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The 25 in the photo is just That (the shorter handled version). Order the 27 and that is what you will receive even though the 25 is what is pictured to represent both the 25 and 27.by Jesusculture1/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The instructions indicate that you should not hammer on it with a sledge. Likewise, I would not use it as a slege hammer to drive wedges - I tried it briefly and it's too light to be effective. Thus far, I have yet to get the 36" (the only one I have) stuck. It will get deep into the wood, but with the narrow head and long handle for leverage, I've always been able to get it out easily. On big pieces (24" round), I use a sledge hammer and wedge to get the first split and then the Fiskars takes it from there!by MrBunyan5/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The overall width of the steel head is wider than the plastic that wraps around, so it won't interfere. I do know that you're not supposed to hammer on them! I use a separate wedge if in the unlikely case it gets stuck, much easier on the head that way.by SkippyKtm2/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The head (metal) of the axe is wider than where the handle fastens the head. If you Google "Fiskars x27" photos, there are several photographs that show this.by An anonymous customer2/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I wondered about that too! Not so!! Once you see it in person and use it, you will understand the design. This axe lives up to its reveiws. I absolutely love mine!by Jesusculture1/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thank you for contacting Fiskars. The X25 and X27 axes both have the same exact head on them, and the head weight is 4 pounds. Only difference is the handle length. The 36" A series axes (black handle) also has a head weight of 4 pounds. The main difference between the X and A series are the handles as the X series includes a non-slip grip. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call our customer service department at 866-348-5661, M-F 8-5 CST.by FiskarsProductExpert10/20/2015Written by a verified representative from FiskarsProductExpertWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?