About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Worldwide Destinations Casebook features 38 comprehensive case studies of international tourism destinations, 10 of them brand new and 28 updated. A companion to the core textbook Worldwide Destinations 5th edition, these cases contextulaise the learning and provide real life illustrations of the theories covered.
This new edition covers subjects such as climate change, eco-tourism, destination regeneration and social impact. Case studies are drawn from all regions of the world and include:
- London Docklands regeneration
- A tourism strategy for Morocco
- 'New World' tourism - Outbound tourism from China
- Antarctica: tourism or conservation?
- Re-visioning tired destinations: Australia's gold coast
- Tourism in New York
- The Way of St. James: the pilgrimage as a cultural resource
- Ecotourism in the Ecuadorian Amazon
The casebook brings a range of benefits to the classroom and by encouraging active learning allows students to gain valuable experience in:
- Problem solving and decision making
- Focusing on key issues within a clearly defined situation
- The development or honing of critical thinking skills
- Recognising that there is no one 'correct' answer to a problem
- Judging the relevance of different types of evidence and techniques
Worldwide Destinations Casebook is the ultimate resource for contectualizing theory and is essential reading for any tourism student.
|Number of Pages:||364|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Boniface, Brian G. , Cooper, Chris|
|Publication Date:||May, 2009|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.45 x 0.86 x 9.66 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.