Similar items in stock
- $11.29 List price $29.99Save $18.70
Wii Sports - Nintendo Selects (Wii)
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Wii Sports offers five distinct sports experiences, each using the Wii Remote to provide a natural, intuitive and realistic feel. With Wii Sports, players can be the star of the show by playing as their very own Mii character; as designed through the Mii Channel. Mii's can be made to look like their owner and used in each game included on Wii Sports. Mii's not only save the player's unique set up, but also provide a skill level to judge just how good players are. Each time a match is played the player is awarded a score. The better the players performance the higher the score they receive. Players build up their skill level in each sport to become a Pro. This also allows the Wii unit to select a worthy opponent to compete against them when the player plays alone.
- Tennis (1-4 players): Players grab the Wii Remote like a racket and swing the game registers forehands, backhands, volleys, lobs, slices, spin and power depending on how fast the user swings and at what angle. Dont worry about moving around the court to get to the ball the game automatically moves players into position.
- Baseball (1-2 players): Players grip the Wii Remote like a bat and swat fastballs out of the park, or fire a fastball over the plate with a flick of their wrist. Timing and bat speed will make all the difference between going yard and whiffing, so keep an eye on the ball and swing for the fences. In the two-player game, one player pitches and the other bats all fielding and running is automatic, so that players can focus on the action.
- Golf (1-4 players): Step up to the tee, hold the Wii Remote like a golf club and swing naturally to smack the ball onto the green. The harder players swing the club, the farther the ball will fly. Be careful, though if players swing too hard, their ball will fly out of control, so they should be sure to take some practice swings before going for the pin. After reaching the green, line up putts carefully, practice the stroke and try to hole out.
- Bowling (1-4 players): Players raise the Wii Remote in their hand just like a bowling ball, and then swing their arms to roll the ball. The speed of the swing and the angle at which they release the ball affects the balls spin, so it will take some practice to master control over the ball and knock down the pins.
- Boxing (1-2 players): Using the Nunchuk controller as one glove and the Wii Remote as the other, players dodge, weave and punch their opponents. Players hold their hands high to guard their faces or low to block their torsos. They punch high to hit their opponents faces or low to get under their guard for a body blow. Swing both arms left or right to sidestep oncoming blows and move into position for a devastating knockout.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Mild Violence
|Genre:||Sports & Racing|
|Primary Shelf ID:||1225001|
|Required Peripherals:||Wii Nunchuk , Wii Remote|
|Video Game Platform:||Nintendo Wii|
|Compatible Devices:||Game console|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||RVLPRSPE|
|Subgenre:||Tennis , Baseball , Bowling , Golf & Mini-golf , Sports compilation|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 5.00 x 0.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Ur system should come with two remotes and nun chucks that's all u needby Uncbubbaj4/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You won't need accessories if you buy the standard Sports Wii. I think you need the accessories if you have the digital Wii. We have used the original sports Wii for years and have not needed anything extra.by Lollapalooza3/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is best to have two remotes so you don't have to pass one back and forth. You could get up to 4 remotes if that many are going to play.by oundsr1/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Just another remote, (nunchuk for boxing).by tcbrown12/21/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You should buy another remote or you can just pass the remote around after each turn.by eigger576/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- we have the new one with mario and we had to buy nothing i have the black one.by COLEHO3/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- as long as you have at least two wii remotes, you should be fine! Some of the games require the nunchuck.by nike011/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can use the wii remote to play tennis, baseball,golf, bowling and a nunchuk with the remote to play boxing.by eigger576/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yep, you can use the remotes with any gameby nike011/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can use the Sport Pack accessories too.by unknown92939394/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You have to use the remote with most of the accessories. if you do not have the accessories, just use the remote and utilize it as (for ex.) if it was the steering wheel or golf club or tennis racquet, etc.by WalleeWorld4Life1/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can use either. I started with just the remote then received the sports pack as a gift and it was fun too.by KatieOkatie1/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can use the accessories. You just put your wii remote in the accessory you want to use.by dac2007chevy1/6/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it's the sameby Uncbubbaj4/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I was told it was the original game packaged with the early Wiis.by ila1231/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it's the same one that comes with certain Wii packages. They just spiced up the package to sell it seperately.by rescuegurl11/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 1 differnce a fancy boxby callofduty50004/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, same, they don't put it in the wii anymore, but it is exactaly the same game...love itby bktobasics1/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it is the same one but since they don't have this game with most of the wiis now they decided to sell it but with the wii you get a more expensive game and one of my favs!by lsvgsmarys1/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?