About this item
Whetstone has two different sides of grain for sharpening and polishing knife edges. These softer Japanese stones have several advantages over harder stones. Because they are softer, they do not become glazed or loaded with detritus. Plus, they are lubricated effectively with water rather than oil, but can be used with either. Submerge the stone in water for about 5 - 10 minutes. Continue to apply water while sharpening with the Whetstone Cutlery Two sided Whetstone Sharpening Stone. The stone releases small particles during the sharpening process; this powder in combination with water allows the sharpening. After a while you will notice a small burr at the edge. Now repeat the same process on the other side of the blade. Finally, turn the stone over and repeat the procedure, this time using the finer grit of the stone. In order to remove the remaining burr, pull the blade at an angle over the stone. Rinse the stone and clean off the grinding residue. Clean your knife with hot water.
Whetstone Cutlery Two-sided Whetstone Sharpening Stone:
- The Japanese Sharpening Stone is a 2 sided rectangle stone block
- Whetstone Cutlery Two sided Whetstone Sharpening Stone Side A (darker green): 400 grit for rough grinding, to return edges to their original shape
- Japanese Sharpening Stone Side B (lighter green): 1000grit is for fine finishing, smoothing and polishing cutting edges
- In addition, with these stones the worn material and the water form a slurry, which in conjunction with the stone, sharpens and polishes the blade
- Knife Sharpening Stone Overall dimensions: 7 x 2.25 x 1.125"
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.5|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.0 x 2.25 x 1.13|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.