|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Publish Date:||Apr 2010|
|Number of Pages:||227|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.9|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.0 x 10.0 x 0.75|
These two books are aimed at bakers who want to do more with their cupcakes. While both provide batter and frosting recipes beyond vanilla and chocolate as well as fun creations, each is aimed at a slightly different audience. Beery's (Pink Princess Cookbook) book will attract parents and the young girls assisting them. Even a young baker can follow the simple directions to make cupcakes that are imaginatively decorated, e.g., Tiara Princess and Glass Slipper.
Beery writes as a mom sharing her recipes and baking tips. The backgrounds of food stylist Tack and food photographer Richardson (coauthors of the best-selling Hello, Cupcake!) show in their cupcakes, which are meant for a broader audience and destined to impress. The decorations-gracing cupcakes like Chinese Take Out and Shuttle Cocks-are more complex than Beery's and not for the beginner.
Verdict: Both books bring a welcome challenge to any baker who wants to jazz up their repertoire. Expect demand for Tack and Richardson's book (for which they're doing a ten-city tour), but have Beery's on hand for parents and daughters for whom the other recipes might be too challenging.
-Ginny Wolter, Toledo-Lucas Cty. P.L.
(c) Copyright 2010. Library Journals LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Media Source, Inc. No redistribution permitted.
• Create a cupcake race car, a cupcake robot, or ravishing ring bling cupcakes for a birthday party.
• Surprise the family with Chinese takeout dinner cupcakes on April Fool's or serve up a goofy chocolate moose.
• Captivate Mom with a bouquet of long-stemmed mum cupcakes.
• Build sand castle cupcakes with the kids.
All you need are candies from the corner store, cake mix, and canned frosting.
• Lots of "EZ" projects that use just a few ingredients--perfect for kids and parties.
• More pictures, brighter colors, bolder designs.
• More faux-food creations--so real you won't believe they're cupcakes!
• More comical critters and the cutest pets ever!
• More irresistible party centerpieces to celebrate hobbies, from golf to knitting.
• More spectacular holiday cupcakes: Valentine's, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Save $25 when you open a Walmart® Credit Card and spend $75 today.*
*Offer subject to credit approval