About this item
Keep your car battery charged and ready for use whenever you need it with the Wagan Solar Power Battery Charger. This must-have device is portable and easy to use. Simply plug it into your car's 12V DC cigarette lighter socket and leave the solar panel on the dashboard or anywhere it can absorb direct sunlight. The cells on the solar power car battery charger covert solar energy into electrical energy, bringing your battery back to life. Designed to work efficiently even on cloudy days, the panel is composed of high-efficiency mono-crystalline cells embedded in transparent vinyl acetate behind tempered glass. This solar panel car battery charger is also water resistant and scratch resistant, allowing for its use in different weather conditions. This charging unit features LED lights that blink to indicate when it is charging.
Wagan Solar Power Battery Charger:
- Plugs into the car's 12V DC cigarette lighter socket
- Solar panel constructed of high-efficiency mono-crystalline cells embedded in transparent vinyl acetate behind tempered glass
- Water resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Solar power car battery charger absorbs energy from the sun to bring life back to your battery
- Zero maintenance
- LED light blinks to indicate when it is charging
- Works efficiently even on cloudy days
- Will keep the power topped off when the vehicle is not in use
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.95|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||14.75 x 6.25 x 0.75|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No. Have not had a problem due to no charging at nights and on cloudy days.by JERRYSR3/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It won't fully chargeby dmgait3/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- When there is no solar energy it will turn off on its own. The red blinking light will be off. It will not overcharge.. some people leave in their cars that they don't use often and said it works greatby WaganCorp3/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Corolla lighter is disconnected from the battery when ignition is off. How can the charger work without a positive battery connection?
- Off course it doesn't work w/o having a connection to your battery. In your case your only choice would be to get some custom wiring from under your dashboard directly to the solar panel, a new socket or to an existing socket so you have an always "on" connection to your battery.by EdEdandEd6/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It can't. However, even if it could, this charger will barely run a calculator, much less charge your battery. Don't waste you money.by Mechanic631/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Splice alligator clips into the lighter wires and attach directly to battery or any "hot" wire. Black with stripe wire from panel being positive.by JERRYSR5/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by JERRYSR12/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has circuitry in the plug that protects it so you don't have to unplug itby MasterDiver9/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?