Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$134.04 Was $181.35Save $47.31
- $130.56 Was $180.33Save $49.77
- $130.37 Was $180.33Save $49.96
- $169.24 Was $228.61Save $59.37
- Reduced Price$130.27 Was $176.00Save $45.73
- $144.40 Was $201.39Save $56.99
- Reduced Price$22.79 Was $27.35Save $4.56
Consider these popular products
- $17.41 Was $19.55Save $2.14
- $17.41 Was $20.43Save $3.02
- Reduced Price$9.19 Was $11.03Save $1.84
- Reduced Price$32.19 Was $38.63Save $6.44
- $9.99 Was $14.45Save $4.46
- Clearance$8.36 Was $16.59Save $8.23
- $9.99 Was $14.41Save $4.42
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The primary military glider for American armed forces in World War II, the CG-4 is commonly known as the Waco Glider, or Hadrian in British use. Sixteen different companies built the CG-4, producing nearly 14,000 models for use during the war. The CG-4 could land 13 troops plus equipment, a quarter-ton Jeep, a 75mm howitzer, or a small trailer. In rare cases, small bulldozers were loaded aboard the gliders.
In British use, the Hadrian was significantly smaller than other British gliders, but its small size made it useful in places where the larger gliders could not land. The CG-4 saw service in airborne military operations throughout Europe, as well as in the Mediterranean and China-Burma-India theatres. Though ground personnel and leadership considered gliders expendable, CG-4s were equipped with an aerial recovery system that allowed in-flight C-47 cargo planes to pick up gliders for later use.
This widely-used and often overlooked aircraft is rendered here in U.S. Army Air Force colors, with the black-and-white stripes used to mark Allied aircraft on D-Day and beyond. Superb attention to detail and quality construction make this model a must-have for any collector or enthusiast.
- Military Glider
- Unpowered Glider
- Handcrafted, hand-painted mahogany construction
- Scale: 1/56th
- Operators: U.S. Army Air Forces, U.S. Navy, British Royal Air Force, Royal Canadian Air Force, Czechoslovakian Air Force
- Time in operation: 1942-1945
- World War II era
- Manufacturers: Waco Aircraft Company
- Length: 10 inches
- Wingspan: 18 inches
|Manufacturer Part Number:||AWG|
|Brand:||Toys and Models|
|Manufacturer:||Toys and Models Corp|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.