About this item
Foreword by Beth Massi
Senior Program Manager, Microsoft Visual Studio
Visual Basic 2010 Unleashed is the most comprehensive, practical reference to modern object-oriented programming with Visual Basic 2010. Written by Visual Basic MVP Alessandro Del Sole, a long-time leader of the global VB community, this book illuminates the core of the VB language and demonstrates its effective use in a wide variety of programming scenarios.
Del Sole covers both Visual Basic 2010 Professional Edition for professional developers and the Express Edition for hobbyists, novices, and students. Writing for VB programmers at all levels of experience, he walks through using VB 2010 for data access, user interface development, networking, communication, and many other tasks. For those moving from structured languagesincluding VB 6he offers detailed guidance on building effective object-oriented code. He also demonstrates how to make the most of Microsofts underlying. NET platform to write more robust and powerful software.
This books broad coverage includes advanced features such as generics and collections; a thorough introduction to the Visual Studio 2010 IDE and Visual Studio Team System; a full section on data access with ADO. NET and LINQ; practical overviews of WPF and WCF; coverage of web and cloud development with Silverlight and Azure; and advanced topics such as multithreading, testing, and deployment.
- Understand the Visual Studio 2010 IDE,.
NET Framework 4.0, and the anatomy of a VB 2010 application
- Debug VB applications and implement error handling and exceptions
- Build efficient object-oriented software with classes, objects, namespaces, and inheritance
- Work with advanced object-oriented features, including interfaces, generics, delegates, events, and collections
- Organize, create, and improve classes with the Visual Studio Class Designer
- Access data with LINQ including LINQ to Objects, SQL, DataSets, Entities, XML, and Parallel LINQ
- Build modern Windows applications with WPF controls, brushes, styles, and templates
- Develop web-centric applications using ASP. NET, Silverlight, and Windows Azure Services cloud computing
- Create and consume WCF services and WCF Data Services
- Use advanced. NET 4.0 platform capabilities, including assemblies, multithreading, parallel programming, P/Invoke, and COM interoperability
- Perform advanced compilations with MSBuild
- Localize and globalize VB 2010 client applications
Alessandro Del Sole, Microsoft MVP for Visual Basic, is well-known throughout the global VB community. He is community leader on the Italian VB Tips and Tricks website that serves more than 41,000 developers and a frequent contributor and blogger at MSDNs Visual Basic Developer Center. He is the author of three books about. NET development with Visual Basic.
ON THE WEB:
Download all examples and source code presented in this book from informit.com/title/9780672331008
Category: Microsoft Programming
Covers: Visual Basic 2010
|Publish Date:||May 07, 2010|
|Number of Pages:||1272|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||4.35|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.0 x 7.0 x 2.0|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.