Vantec 3.5" SATA to USB 3.0/eSATA HDD Enclosure with Fan
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Vantec 3.5" SATA-to-USB 3.0 Enclosure gives you a versatile mobile option for using your external hard drive. It features an aluminum casing that helps to cool down your hard drive with vents that exhaust the hot air and let in cool air. This eSATA HDD enclosure also serves as durable protection for your device, shielding your hard drive and safeguarding your important files. With its large fan, the Vantec enclosure further ensures cool airflow and prevents your hard drive from overheating during high-demand usage periods. The fan can be easily turned on and off via the face-mounted switch, so it only runs when you need it. The Vantech 3.5-inch SATA-to-USB 3.0 Enclosure works with USB 2.0, 3.0 or eSATA systems and is backwards-compatible with older USB interfaces.
Vantec 3.5" SATA to USB 3.0/eSATA HDD Enclosure with Fan:
- Aluminum casing cools down your hard drive
- Vents exhaust hot air and let in cool air
- Large 80mm fan with on and off switch
- Easily add storage to any system with USB 2.0, 3.0 or eSATA
- eSATA HDD Enclosure backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.5 x 8.5 x 3.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Hi AAL description should say how many GB or TB the enclosure supports. There is no problem with the actual brand of HDD that makes no difference that I"ve ever seen. As to software there is none. Most of these enclosures are PnP. I"ve owned Nexstars for many years now and have never had a problem with HDDs being recognized. Just be sure your HDD if it's new has been formatted and partitioned before you try to use it. I don't use an external device to do that either, it should be hooked up as slave to a computer and then formatted and partitioned from there. The description says that a shielded USB 3.0 cable is included so you wouldn't need a separate one unless the cable is very poor quality and you don't get the speeds you should from USB 3.0.by ladygrey8/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?