About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Scribner Book Company, 2009, ISBN13 9781439148501, ISBN10 1439148503
On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chester's Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardener's hand is severed as "the dome" comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and when -- or if -- it will go away.
Dale Barbara, Iraq vet and now a short-order cook, finds himself teamed with a few intrepid citizens -- town newspaper owner Julia Shumway, a physician's assistant at the hospital, a select-woman, and three brave kids. Against them stands Big Jim Rennie, a politician who will stop at nothing -- even murder -- to hold the reins of power, and his son, who is keeping a horrible secret in a dark pantry. But their main adversary is the Dome itself. Because time isn't just short. It's running out.
|Number of Pages:||1074|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Publication Date:||November, 2009|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.75 x 10.00 x 2.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- i've beeen reading stephen king books since i was 12 and yeah there's adult content,but my parents don't mind.Just think of it as an R rated movie( :by smileysmiles12/11/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- well let's put it this way... The book contains graphic violence, drug use, forced,deviant,and normal se xual activities that while not described to the point of p ornography, it's enough to tell what's going on. In general, the book illustrates perhaps the very worst in human behavior. If the 16 year old is mature, and you're prepared to possibly answer some tough questions - then maybe. I would advise strong caution however.by DigitalUtopia11/22/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- that depends. Do you mean a real 16 year old or the ideal a naive parent may have of their 16 year old? Stephen King's books usually contain foul language, generally mild violence, and often abstract references to s-e-x. I mean this in a good way, but they seem to be written by and for your average 14-16 year old boy. They contain strong themes of good vs evil, giving the fantasy payoff of good triumphing (at great cost) over evil in a world the two sides are clearly defined. For an adolescent boy coming to grips with the vague, gray world, these are a great escape.by indesignkat2/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- There are a couple of Stephen King books that are "young adult" friendly, but for the most part Stephen King books contain highly inappropriate content as well as foul language. I'm not saying the plots are typically about adult entertainment, but inevitably he makes many crude references in almost every book. I would not let my 16 year old read it until I had read it first.by FTYP11/13/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- BEST WAY TO ANSWER (being a parent myself) If you allow your 16 yr old, or if you are the 16 yr old... then if you believe rated R movies are ok for the 16 yr old... then this book is good. The reason i say is several cuss words and violence, as well as some adult content.by GoinbigB11/10/2009Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I read numerous Stephen King books by age 13, and there was never inappropriatte content in his novels. There is minimal-moderate cursing, and pretty mild violence. I would recommend a Stephen King novel for a 16-year old if he/she is interested in psychological thrillers or science fiction. I think it would be fine for the teen!by livleaux11/21/2009Was this answer helpful? (9) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- After reading, I didn't recognize any "political" references.by slinky7774/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not so much an enviromental political staement. Just a good story. Worth the read.by ThunderCatHoooo9/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. It's not politically charged - especially in that manner. There are those that feel that this is about the post 9/11 Bush administration - but no.....nowhere close.by DigitalUtopia11/22/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- "The Preorder Price Promise ends at midnight the day before the item is available to ship ("Release Date")."by hunnyb2411/11/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I would suggest if you really want this book to order it now. I doubt this book will be any lower than the 8.98, and as soon as walmart and amazon stop competing about books, the price most likely would go up. They also each have the same movies on sale for 10.00. There are ten of them to choose from and they are also pre-orders.by alittlegoofy11/18/2009Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?