About this item
When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.
Our #5 Top Seller
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. When she meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen--a vampire--her life takes a thrilling and terrifying romantic turn.
|Publisher:||Little, Brown Books for Young Readers|
|Publish Date:||Oct 05, 2005|
|Number of Pages:||544|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.45|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.25 x 1.25|
Ask a question
- Twilight- my favorite moment was when he first walks into the cafeteria and she sees him for the first time. New moon- i would have to say that the best part was when she thought he would disappear when she "woke up" Eclipse- pretty much the whole book but if i had to choose it would probably be when he "kidnaps" her Breakind dawn- my favorite part is the last chapter. Edward finally gets to look into her mindby twilightfan18/9/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I would have to say that my favorite part was the Meadow scene. it was so wonderful how they expressed their love towards one another and it set sparks in my heart and from then on i knew that they would be together forever. of course there were some tough patches but Yeah!, they toughed it out!by Twilightluver892378/9/2009Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think my favorite moment was right after the electric moment in the biology class when edward walks bella to gym class and for the first time lightly brushes her check with his fingers. In that breif second your heart stops and you wish you were bella. It is even better in midnight sun due to the fact that you can understand edwards feelings toward her...i remember when my husband made me feel that way and it brings all the butterflies back to my stomach.by JLedford6/27/2009Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have a ton of favorite bella & edward moments...but if I choose one..it would have to be the first night edward stayed w/ bella and hummed her lulaby to her. And when edward kidnapped her in eclipes! And of course their first night together on their honeymoon in Breaking Dawn!by monkeybusiness053/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would have to say when they are in the meadow. http://www.twilightvamps.comby TwilightVamps3/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have to say with one other reader who said they enjoyed Stephenie Meyer's script of Midnight Sun. I too have read it 3 times, and I think it is one of my most favorite. Other then that, one of my favorite Edward/Bella moments would be their first night together after their trip from Italy. She doesn't want to sleep for fear that he'll disappear. ( in eclipse )by Kalolaina3/3/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- In eclipse when she decides she "wants" him then he asks her to please stop taking her clothes off then she poutsby twilightluva3/3/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- (May Contain Spoilers) My favorite Bella and Edward moment is in Breaking Dawn after Bella gives birth to Renesemee. Bella's heart stops and Jacob leaves the room knowing Bella's fate. Edward simply never gives up. He got her heart beating again and gave her a chance at life with their daughter.by Golddigger993/3/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- One of my favorite moments is in twilight the book and bella asked if he ate human food and edward just grins and slowly takes a bite of pizza.by Icequeen1029901/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- My favorite moment is when he lays in bed and watches her sleep. I love that when my husband lays in bed with me and rubs his hands through my hair until I fall asleep. Another moment that is so sweet is when she hurt her leg and was wearing a cast he helped her over the step AWW! I have so many more. One more is when he was in the hospital with her and said he would never leave her.by MandyC3/1/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- for the most part yes the movie is like the book but a lot is left out of the movie that is in the book.The books are not scary. I am 14 almost 15 and if she is 13 I think it's ok. For little kids no I don't think it's ok for them to read any of the books in this series just because there are alot of big words and they might not understand what is going on or what certain things are.So I would say that anyone under 13 should not read these books.these books are good for teens and adults but not little kids.-hope this helpsby TwilightForeverXOXO7/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- For a 13 year old it should be fine...I would wait to buy her Breaking Dawn (the 4th book), but Twilight would be fine for her...nothing risky or anything, its more action than heart throb if you ask me!by LoverOfNightwish7/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- well im 19 and the book isnt scarey its really good and addicting. i loved it.by lindsayr7/12/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am a 32 yr old lover of almost anything vampire and I loved the books. My daughter is 15 and also loved them. I think that these books are great for yound and old alike. They can be a good ground breaker if you have a teenager that dont talk that much to the parents(like some do). Maybe you can have somethings in common and they will open up more to you.by loverofvamps3/19/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- These books portray some intense relationships. All children are different but I would not recommend it to someone under 12, minimum. A parent should read book 4 before the child does to make sure the child is ready for it. It is a great series for mothers and daughters to read together. Lots of fodder for great conversations about healthy and unhealthy relationships.by 02133/2/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My 12 year old daughter originally purchased this for herself, although I choose to read it first to preview not necessarily trusting what popular culture says is allowable. My opinion, for what it is worth, is it is not appropriate for tweens/early teens even though that is the target audience. The basic vampire story is fine, but it is the way the author goes about creating the desire (for lack of a better word) that the main character, Belle, feels for this handsome and apparently irresistable vampire, Edward. If we are so concerned with how fast our children are growing up these days, then we should be concerned with the types of literature they read as well. So to answer your question regarding scariness ~ no, not scary at all but definately make believe and unrealistic. Yes, unfortunately it is apparently "geared" for the tween/teen set, but you will have to judge this on your own. And YES, definately a "heart throb kinda thing." Again, unfortunately, but hey, in this culture, that is what sells.by KountryKat1/13/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- i believe that it will be perfect for a kid.by Iggy82/25/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am a 40 year old mom, and I have read the series once and am on my second round. My daughter is 10 and she is now on New Moon.. Although there are vampires in it, it is not the focal point. You know they have to drink blood but you are not given the gory details. It is a love story, plain and simple.... Not scarey at all.by chickiegirl2/21/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I wouldn’t have children under the age of ten watch the movie. The director purposely made it a point to not show a lot of blood in the movie so it is not gory. However, the content and themes are more geared towards tweens and teenagers.by luvbites1/30/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the one released in 2004 is the orignal book with the original cover the one released in 2008 is when the movie came out but is still the same book so the cover just has the characters/actors on it to let people know that the movie is inspired by the book. it is also the portable virsion so it is smaller so you can travel with it.-hope this helpsby TwilightForeverXOXO7/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- there is not a diffrence in the book.the cover is just diffrent.the 2008 cover just has the people from the moive as the 2004 one dose not cause the movie was not outby moglover22453/10/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- im not completely sure, but i think the only difference is that the one from 2008 just has a cover to go along with the movie.by ImNoLegend12/13/2008Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the one published in 2008 has extra stuff that comes with it, like special cover and bookmark and the such. Its more of a special edition. But whats inside it is the same.by pjsgirl112/13/2008Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?