Embracing the adored and inspired fun of the Toy Story franchise, Toy Story 3: The Video Game features a story mode that follows the Toy Story 3 film adventures in which Buzz, Woody and friends grapple with their uncertain future as Andy prepares to depart for college. Disney Interactive Studios has revealed a new gameplay mode called Toy Box. A primary feature on Toy Story 3: The Video Game console offerings, Toy Box is a virtual box full of toys. With an open-world sandbox-style of play, Toy Story 3: The Video Game taps into the beloved franchise's humor and brings fans into the toys' world to create their own unique story. In addition to the Toy Box mode, the console versions put the toys in non-film related environments and situations such as light videogame combat with Buzz Lightyear.
- Story Mode: No toy gets left behind! Play as Buzz, Woody, or Jessie as you run, ride, and fly through favorite scenes from Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 3!
- Toy Box Mode: Unleash your imagination in this new open world and play with Andy's toys your way. As Buzz, Woody, or Jessie, you choose what activities you want to do and the order you wish to do them. The more you use your imagination and create your own story, the more you get rewarded.
- Missions: You'll also find several kinds of missions throughout the world. Once a mission is complete, you'll earn various rewards including gold, and new customizations.
- New Toys: Add unique personality to your world. Play your way, complete missions, earn tons of points and buy new toys! These toys introduce new ways to have fun by adding different ways to play.
- Customization: There are many different ways to customize the way you play in Toy Box Mode. Add new buildings, then change how they look! New paint options, textures, accessories, landscaping, and tons of other fun modifications make your game unique to you. You can also change the look of the townspeople! Just toss them into various buildings in order to change their hairstyles and outfits!
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Comic Mischief and Cartoon Violence