Toshiba SD-V296 DVD/VCR Combo Player
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Toshiba DVD player/VCR combo combines the picture and sound advantages of a progressive scan DVD player with the convenient recording and playback options of a videocassette recorder — all in one slim chassis. One-touch recording for the VCR provides a simple and convenient way to make videotapes. Simply connect your DVD/VCR to your cable or satellite box and then to your monitor/TV and you are set to record a tape with the push of one button on the videocassette recorder.
Toshiba SD-V296 DVD/VCR Combo Player:
- Toshiba DVD player/VCR combo plays back DVD-Video/DVD-R/-RW/CD/CD-R/-RW/VCD
- JPEG viewer
- Hi-Fi VHS stereo sound
- DVD/VCR remote
- ColorStream Pro
- Parental lock
|Product Type:||DVD/VCR combo|
|Media Load Type:||Tray|
|Media Type:||CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD, CD, Video CD , VHS|
|Audio D/a Converter:||24bit / 192kHz|
|Video D/a Converter:||14bit / 108MHz|
|Multi-camera Angle Select:||Yes|
|Dvd Additional Features:||JPEG photo playback|
|Surround Sound Effects:||3D Surround|
|Digital Audio Format:||Dolby Digital output, DTS digital output|
|Type:||Remote control , DVD player|
|A/v System Recommended Use:||Home|
|Features:||S-VHS quasi playback, one-touch recording/playback , Progressive scanning (line doubling), simultaneous recording and playback|
|Coaxial Digital Output:||Yes|
|Playback Speed:||SLP, SP, EP|
|Recording Speed:||SLP, SP, EP|
|Video Head Qty:||4|
|Connector Type:||Component video output ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - front Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear Composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ) - rear SPDIF output ( RCA phono ) - rear|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||8.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.17 x 17.13 x 3.7|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- This is not the product you need.by tennisdaisy12/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, which is why I selected the "Combo"by SGIRISHROSE11/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can play both dvds and tapes with this combo. Not sure about recording- haven't tried that yet!by An anonymous customer11/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This model will playback both VHS tapes and DVD discs. It can also record NON COPY PROTECTED DVDS to the VHS tape.by ToshibaStaff12/12/2014Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (12) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Can this be hooked up to a regular TV (flat screen newer model) and just used to play back vcr's and dvd'd?
- Yes, this is exactly what we use ours for in our bedroom, as a back up in case one of us does not want to watch what is on the television in the den.by busyshopping6511/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes...hooked up to just TV has nothing to do with cable or the cable box...I use my combo player to just play VHS DVDby Nonna511/20/2014Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes,i have it hooked up to my tv but my tv is hd.yes to both questions.by SK6411/14/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by ToshibaStaff3/8/2015Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you don't want to record, you can hook it up to your TV (not if you have co-axial plugs on your tv) and just play a dvd or video. But the customer service is non-existent, and hook up is confusing.by tennisdaisy12/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I hooked my television directly to my vhs/dvd combo player without any problems. You only need the cable to hook-up the television to the player and I believe the cable came with the player; if not they are inexpensive or you may have some laying around like we always seem to...by busyshopping6512/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you have to purchase another item, it has no tunerby wilmagal12/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- You can hook this to your TV, without any additional equipment, and use it to watch VHS or DVD videos. You can also record non-copy-protected DVDs to VHS. If you want to record a television program to VHS, you would need a cable or satellite box.by ToshibaStaff12/22/2014Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (14) (4)Was this answer helpful?