Similar items in stock
- $149.99List price
- Reduced Price$132.16Was
Toshiba SD-V296 DVD/VCR Combo Player
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
The Toshiba DVD player/VCR combo combines the picture and sound advantages of a progressive scan DVD player with the convenient recording and playback options of a videocassette recorder — all in one slim chassis. One-touch recording for the VCR provides a simple and convenient way to make videotapes. Simply connect your DVD/VCR to your cable or satellite box and then to your monitor/TV and you are set to record a tape with the push of one button on the videocassette recorder.
Toshiba SD-V296 DVD/VCR Combo Player:
- Toshiba DVD player/VCR combo plays back DVD-Video/DVD-R/-RW/CD/CD-R/-RW/VCD
- JPEG viewer
- Hi-Fi VHS stereo sound
- DVD/VCR remote
- ColorStream Pro
- Parental lock
|Product Type:||DVD/VCR combo|
|Media Load Type:||Tray|
|Media Type:||CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD, CD, Video CD , VHS|
|Type:||DVD player , Remote control|
|Audio D/a Converter:||24bit / 192kHz|
|Video D/a Converter:||14bit / 108MHz|
|Multi-camera Angle Select:||Yes|
|Dvd Additional Features:||JPEG photo playback|
|Surround Sound Effects:||3D Surround|
|Digital Audio Format:||Dolby Digital output, DTS digital output|
|A/v System Recommended Use:||Home|
|Features:||S-VHS quasi playback, one-touch recording/playback , Progressive scanning (line doubling), simultaneous recording and playback|
|Coaxial Digital Output:||Yes|
|Playback Speed:||SLP, SP, EP|
|Recording Speed:||SLP, SP, EP|
|Video Head Qty:||4|
|Connector Type:||Component video output ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - front Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear Composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ) - rear SPDIF output ( RCA phono ) - rear|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||8.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.17 x 17.13 x 3.7|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Can this be hooked up to a regular TV (flat screen newer model) and just used to play back vcr's and dvd'd?
- Yes, this is exactly what we use ours for in our bedroom, as a back up in case one of us does not want to watch what is on the television in the den.by busyshopping6511/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes...hooked up to just TV has nothing to do with cable or the cable box...I use my combo player to just play VHS DVDby Nonna511/20/2014Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes,i have it hooked up to my tv but my tv is hd.yes to both questions.by SK6411/14/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by ToshibaStaff3/8/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. You need cable or satellite service to record. And, this unit has no co-axial plugs on it. Someone who bought an rf modulator to interface it with the cable, said he couldn't get it to work. Don't buy this.by tennisdaisy12/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I cannot answer your question but someone on here gave you some incorrect information, they do still make the old type DVD/VCR's that connect to regular cable which I have, but they are much more expensive. They probabley have one on here for about $200 + but now cable in Memphis is going to all digital, and I will not be able to get any stations thanks to Comcast, Hope this helps youby Londonborn3/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. But then I don't know of any similar products in this price range that do. If you are looking for one with a built in tuner, you are going to have a long and expensive search. They just don't make them much anymore. As far as I know, they stopped right around the time they stopped making VHS. :(by vampluver12/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it doesn't. The model shown in the link below does have tuners built in. The DVR670 is being discontinued, so you should be able to find some good prices on it.by ToshibaStaff12/8/2014Was this answer helpful? (7) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If you don't want to record, you can hook it up to your TV (not if you have co-axial plugs on your tv) and just play a dvd or video. But the customer service is non-existent, and hook up is confusing.by tennisdaisy12/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I hooked my television directly to my vhs/dvd combo player without any problems. You only need the cable to hook-up the television to the player and I believe the cable came with the player; if not they are inexpensive or you may have some laying around like we always seem to...by busyshopping6512/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you have to purchase another item, it has no tunerby wilmagal12/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- You can hook this to your TV, without any additional equipment, and use it to watch VHS or DVD videos. You can also record non-copy-protected DVDs to VHS. If you want to record a television program to VHS, you would need a cable or satellite box.by ToshibaStaff12/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (14) (4)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- $34.00List price
- from $4.71
- from $5.00