Customers also bought these products
Toshiba Black 15.6" Satellite C655-S5512 Laptop PC with Intel Pentium B960 Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium
About this item
About this item
The Satellite C655 laptop offers everything you need to compute on the go. Equipped with Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, this 15.6" Toshiba notebook computer enables you to complete any task and customize your desktop to fit your personality. An Intel Pentium dual-core processor and 4GB of memory furnish quick performance on the Toshiba laptop PC. Ample storage space is provided on the Toshiba laptop PC's 320GB hard disk drive. Additional highlights of this black Windows laptop include a DVD burner, an HD TruBrite backlit LED display, built-in Webcam, Wi-Fi and a memory card reader. The Toshiba laptop PC also can operate for up to 5.5 hours on a single battery charge.
Toshiba 15.6" Satellite C655-S5512 Laptop PC:
Key Features and Benefits:
- Intel Pentium B960 processor
2.20GHz, 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
Lets you run most power-hungry applications and do extensive multimedia work
- 320GB SATA hard drive
Store 213,000 photos, 91,000 songs or 168 hours of HD video and more
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC
- 15.6" TruBrite TFT LCD display
Intel HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB of dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
- Built-in webcam with microphone
- 4-in-1 memory card reader
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone output, 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 port, 1 x RGB port
- 6-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 5 h 30 min battery life
- Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010: Includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel with advertising. PowerPoint and Outlook are NOT included. Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC. (To learn more about the features of Office 2010, click here)
- Norton Internet Security 2012 (30-day trial subscription)
- Backup and Restore options built into Windows allows you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst
Support and Warranty:
- 1-year standard limited warranty
What's In The Box:
- Power cord
- 6-cell lithium-ion battery
- Quick Start Guide
To see the manufacturer's specifications for this product, click here.
To see a list of our PC Accessories, click here.
Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here.
Products that are ENERGY STAR-qualified prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. The ENERGY STAR name and marks are registered marks owned by the U.S. government, as part of their energy efficiency and environmental activities.
|Processor Type:||Intel Pentium B960 Dual-Core Processor|
|Processor Speed:||2.20 GHz|
|System Ram:||4 GB|
|Maximum Memory Expansion:||8GB RAM|
|Hard Drive Size:||320 GB|
|Laptop Screen Size:||15.6"|
|Resolution:||TruBrite LCD Display (1366 x 768)|
|Graphics Card:||Mobile Intel HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB|
|Multi Media Drive:||SuperMulti DVD Burner|
|Card Reader Type:||4-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader|
|Battery Life:||5 hours 30 minutes|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Network Connection:||10/100 Base T Ethernet & 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN|
|Connector Type:||1 x DC-in, 1 x Headphone Jack, 1 x Microphone Jack, 1 x RGB, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet, 2 x USB 2.0|
|Operating System:||Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit|
|Accessories Included:||Power Cord , Battery|
|Bus Speed:||1333 MHz|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||8.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||15.0 x 9.8 x 1.6|
Manuals & Guides
- PDF , 143K, 4 pagesView
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yesby ClevelandIndians554/1/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- All modern laptops burn CDs and DVDsby DoctorBlack3/31/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it doesby MommaBrophy3/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it's a super multi-drive. It burns both CD's & DVD's (it'll burn dual layer DVD even).by 6Kids20113/1/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yesby ln10192/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- YES, ABSOLUTELY!by cindylou12/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this machine will burn both, cd's and dvd's. My machine came with good software for this purpose, however, I added both I Tunes and Real Player as added software programs to burn and obtain access to a greater field of music. Just make certain you keep the music and movie reproduction software up to date for the best experience in this function.by An anonymous customer2/27/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it will burn both CDs and DVDs.by ToshibaStaff2/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby ClevelandIndians554/1/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Mine gets hot even with a cooling pad. It freezes up too.by misreig2/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It actually does now that you mention it. Do you have any idea how to fix this?by ln10192/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It can, I play Call of Duty games on it, and it heats up, but not really enough to burn you unless its on for a long time. I recommend placing it on a table when playing games so you don't risk burning yourself from the base of the computer.by grannyt20033/4/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes after about an hourby kwest72/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I typical wear thin lounge pants when I use this laptop in the evenings. It barely gets warm even after several hours of use.by mommykitty1/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It does get a little warm, but not hot. It has never burned nor scorched me. If you used it while wearing shorts it might be more uncomfortable, I have not attempted to use it without wearing clothing covering my thighs but I am convinced that the Toshiba model laptops are probably the coolest and most comfortable on the market. Everyone is different when it comes to matters such as this, but I can only report my experience, which has been most pleasant in this regardlby An anonymous customer2/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Has anyone experienced low sound issues with this model? I seem to be having a hard time hearing all sounds even with it turned up all the way.
- Obviously, the speakers are small and cheap to keep the price down, so will never sound "good" or with adequate volume. However, you can access SmartEQ by going to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Smart Audio > SmartEQ / 3D Settings located at the bottom of the SmartEQ window. Here, you can select from several pre-adjusted sound profiles or manually adjust the EQ sliders to get the best sound while something is playing. There are also other sound enhancements to play with. You'll find that the overall volume is a function of the settings. When I got my C655-S5512, the sound was very thin/tinny and not very loud. I was about to return it when I accidentally found the SmartEQ. After experimenting with the settings, it sounds much better with a bit more volume, but still not great. But keep in mind that these are very small, cheap speakers and can't handle a lot of volume, nor have much depth. Ideally, use a decent set of powered speakers, but that's not always convenient in remote locations, so I'm looking into replacing the internal speakers with higher quality. Until then, here are the settings I'm using in SmartEQ: 31Hz= 0 62Hz= 0 125Hz= 0 250Hz= +14 500Hz= +7 1KHz= -5 2KHz= -5 4KHz= +7 8KHz= -0 16KHz= -0 Experiment with the settings and good luck!by Stjamesg85/4/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes i have been having very low sound quality I would recommend taking it back I know i amby imani1634/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, i ended up with speakersby aeromom19914/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i forgot about the sound. i have had some issues with the sound but mostly because i don't know how to turn the volume up on this laptop. it is not like my desktop model. I watched a video today and the volume was perfect. i didn't have to even adjust it.by chunkachoola3/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yep. It's low. Couldn't hear it unless I put my ear to the speaker. If you use earphones, it's better.by kssss77777773/27/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yup i was lucky to have speakersby LadyWiccaz4/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I have had two Toshiba laptops and they also have a volume button on the front or the side. I imagine this might too. Customer service for Toshiba is good.by froggerluv3/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?