Toshiba 1TB Automatic Backup Portable Hard Drive
Similar items available online
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Toshiba Automatic Backup Portable Hard Drive, 1TB offers a smart, hassle-free backup solution for your family. Powered by NTI Pocket Data Backup, this Toshiba 1TB Portable Hard Drive lets you store, share and protect your photos, music, movies and files effortlessly. With 1TB of space, the Toshiba Portable Hard Drive allows you to hold up to 285,000 photos, 263,000 songs and 820 movies. The Toshiba 1TB Portable Hard Drive is compatible with Windows-based PC only. Backup starts automatically after you initially set up your Toshiba Automatic Backup Portable Hard Drive, 1TB. It's that easy!
Toshiba 1TB Automatic Backup Portable Hard Drive:
|Hard Drive Capacity:||1 TB|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||PH2100U-1EWR|
|System Requirements:||Windows XP, Vista, 7|
|Connector Type:||1 x USB 3.0|
|Primary Shelf ID:||514537|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.69 x 3.27 x 0.37 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- this is what comes in the box: Toshiba Automatic Backup Portable Drive USB 3.0 Cable Quick Install Guide User Manual (preloaded on drive) NTI Pocket Data Backup Software (preloaded on drive) 2-Year Limited Warranty (preloaded on drive)5by JonnDoe11/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes...the cable is backwards compatibleby KRevMan11/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by BB202011/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it comes with a USB 3.0 cable. The connection to the drive itself is a 3.0 connection. The connection on the other end is a standard USB plug. And, yes, it runs just fine on USB 2.0.by CactusJim11/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. The USB cable is included.by ToshibaStaff11/13/2015Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- there are two versions of this drive. 1TB Toshiba Automatic Backup Portable Hard Drive - Burgundy Part Number: PH2100U-1EWR 500GB Toshiba Automatic Backup Portable Hard Drive - Blue Part Number: PH2050U-1EWLby JonnDoe11/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- mine hold 1tb, i would take it back and get the correct oneby eyerishroses111/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Someone made a mistake...most likely on Walmart side of things...It's a 1 TB.by KRevMan11/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- See: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=Toshiba+1TB+Automatic+Backup+Portable+Hard+Drive&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0 for listing as both 500GB and 1TBby OPMTBPOE9/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is a 1TB drive. I looked carefully over the page for this drive and can't find a 500GB reference. Please tell me where you see that so I can get it corrected.by ToshibaStaff10/31/2012Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can easily format for Time Machine. Actually you CAN format a drive for both Mac and PC systems using FAT32. Although it has a few limitations ( 4gb maximum file size, and purportedly not as reliable...) However, if you simply want to use this drive for Time Machine only or as a Mac only drive you needn't be concerned with any of that: format the drive from your Mac using it's disk utility- you won't need the included NTI software since TimeMachine handles the Mac backup- so erase the contents (unless you've already put files on there) After it's formatted, the Mac will ask you if you want to use the drive as a Time Machine Drive. You can then use the drive as both a Time Machine drive and simultaneously as a regular storage drive. Also, don't be alarmed that even though it's a 1TB drive, once formatted it will likely be a few GB less. (9 something) Fat32 is a the easiest approach for novices who need to share drives between PC's and Macs- but here's a great explanation of some alternate methods if you are are wanting to try something more advanced. http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57401784-285/the-best-ways-to-format-an-external-drive-for-windows-and-mac/by obxa8/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm sorry I meant Time Machine not timeline! I think I do need the auto back up service so anytime I hook to my iMac it will add any changes or additions to the external hard drive.by LightningLinz8/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is formatted NTFS for Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, or Windows® 7. If you choose, you can reformat it for Mac OS® X Tiger®, Leopard®, Snow Leopard™, and Mountain Lion. Of course, reformatting will erase all data and programs on the drive. You can use it on one operating system or the other, but not both. The auto backup software is Windows only. I'm not familiar with Timeline software. I Googled it and still came up with nothing.by ToshibaStaff9/7/2012Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Check out these related products
- Clearance$4.99 List price $9.99Save $5.00
- Clearance$8.11 List price $16.99Save $8.88
- Clearance$7.20 List price $14.99Save $7.79
- Clearance$9.77 List price $19.99Save $10.22