Similar items in stock
- Clearance$37.95 List price $69.95Save $32.00
- $29.99 List price $49.99Save $20.00
- $47.24 List price $79.99Save $32.75
- Reduced Price$137.99 List price $209.99Save $72.00
TiVo Roamio DVR
Consider these popular products
- $14.99 List price $27.12Save $12.13
- $190.82 Was $198.47Save $7.65
- $76.50 List price $107.61Save $31.11
- $44.72 Was $47.69Save $2.97
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
With the TiVo Roamio DVR, you no longer need to switch inputs to access all the cool stuff happening on the web. This smaller, faster and more versatile Roamio serves up cable TV and streaming apps from a single menu, with one remote. The TiVo HD DVR isn't just the best way to find and organize all your stuff, it also lets you enjoy more of it. You can record up to four HD shows at once and 75 hours of HD programming. With the built-in WiFi, you can access Netflix, Pandora and YouTube; it will also work with any cable or HD antenna. The TiVo Roamio DVR can be used with the TiVo app for tablet and smartphone.
TiVo Roamio DVR:
- Record up to 4 shows at once
- 75 HD /500 standard hours
- TV DVR with built-in WiFi
- Access Netflix, Pandora, YouTube and more
- Works with existing cable or HD antenna
- Compatible with TiVo app for tablet and smartphone
- Smaller, faster and more versatile
- Enjoy cable TV and streaming apps from a single menu
- Includes remote control
|Is Remote Control Included:||Y|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||R84050|
|Contained Battery Type:||Alkaline|
|Connector Type:||1 x RF (Coaxial)|
|Video Output Resolution:||1080p|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.40 x 14.30 x 1.90 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, you need a Tivo subscription. That's how it gets the TV programming information. I don't think it works at all without a subscription.by PheerItself7/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (37) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you will need to pay a monthly fee of $14.99 to use the TiVo service, regardless of whether you have it connected to an antennae or cable provider. Alternatively you could purchase a membership for the lifetime of the DVR for $499.99.by UTSuperman10/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (25) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm pretty sure it doesn't work at all without a subscription and Internet connection, not even to flip channels and record shows.by kk19767/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (15) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. If you buy a used one that includes a lifetime subscription, then your service will be free with the purchase. There are a few DVR's that do not require a service for antenna use, but then you need to program each session like you would a VCR. The TiVo service includes a unique program guide for what is available to you, and allows searches and 'wish lists' for programs not currently airing.by sbourg6/28/2015Was this answer helpful? (17) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not believe that you need to, but the real strength of TiVo is...TiVo programming. You do not have to know what channel, day, time, etc. is. Just look up the name of the program and tell it, "Get me that!" and it does it.by dvdwilly2/17/2016Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you must pay the monthly subscription fee or the lifetime fee, i have paid the lifetime fee and i don't worry about paying every month.by Charlieinparamount5/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby Alidoro4/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, but let me say the $15.00 per month is well worth it. Think what you may have paid for either cable or satellite and you will see $15 per month is cheap. The programming put into the device makes the TV schedule so easy to work. I have used other Over The Air devices and the programming was "free" via TV Guide, but it just did not work very well. Pay the $15 you will be glad you bought the box and service.by JDOTA5/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you want to use the TiVO as it should be used...yes you do. As I mentioned in the review, the cost of the subscription should be equal to or less than the rental you would pay for DVR service from your cable company.by hybucket5/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. or Pay the upfront fee for the Lifetime Subscription upfrontby Mikeaton5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You just need a Netflix account, a Tivo account and a cable connection. I'm still using my first free month.by PheerItself6/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You will need an active TiVo subscription, and an active Netflix subscription.by UTSuperman6/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A TiVo subscription, decent Internet connection, and a Netflix account should get you in business. You need at least a 0.5 mbps downstream connection, but anything less than 3.0 mbps and you'll be getting less than DVD quality.by kk19766/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- just your netflix account. when setting up your roamio after purchase it will prompt you for all information and show you how to get to netflix. it is very easy and extremely user friendly. once you bring up nextflix from the tivo menu, you enter your netflix info & password and you are all set!by kimanndo5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- An internet connection, preferably wired (because of speed). However, mine is hooked up to a MOCA and I believe that its speed will sustain streaming.by dvdwilly5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- broadband connection and pay $8/monthby Alidoro5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- All you need is a HD antenna and the TiVo Roamio. Netflix is programmed into the box, along with Hulu and You Tube.by JDOTA6/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- a netflix account, a wired or wireless network connection and at least a del higspeed connectionby Mikeaton5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You will need a subscription to Netflix. This is separate from the TiVO Subscription. You will need a subscription to Netflix to watch from ANY device.by hybucket5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You'll need a decent internet connection and the basic Roamio does require a wired connection without adding other equipment. You'll then just need to set up your Netflix account on TiVo. Works great!by CordCuttingTiVofan5/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I haven't tried it, but they claim it will work with an HD antenna.by PheerItself3/31/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The basic Roamio will work with an antennae, the Roamio Pro and Plus both require digital cable.by UTSuperman3/31/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The base model Roamio can use a digital antenna (not included) to get channels over the air. The other Roamio models require a subscription to cable. Satellite does not work with Roamio. Roamio is really designed for cable systems. You will need to rent a CableCard (and possibly a second thing called a Tuning Adapter) from your cable provider, though it's typically only a couple bucks a month.by kk19762/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you mean will it work with off-air broadcasts, yes - but you need TiVo service for $15 a month, about $200 for lifetime. If you mean hooking it to an analog cable feed, the Roamio will not receive analog signals. If you simply want to record shows on a current subscription without paying DVR fees, then you will have to check with your provider to see if it is possible. Note the Roamio will work with provider or antenna, but not both.by sbourg4/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I believe that it will do OTA (over the air). For cable, you will need one cable card (M-card) to enable the 4 tuners. This version does not do satellite (I do not think). We did have a DirecTV version several years ago that did, but I do not know if TiVo even makes them any more.by dvdwilly3/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The cheapest model (TCD 846500) will work with an antenna. The two more expensive models require a cable card.by Alidoro2/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The answer is YES!!!. I do not have cable or satellite. I "cut the cable" a few years ago. I grab all my TV Over The Air (OTA) and this includes HD. Of the 3 newer models the TiVo Roamio is the only one that supports OTA.by JDOTA6/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Base Model will.by Mikeaton6/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The basic Roamio will work with cable or antenna. The other two will not work with antenna. NONE will work with satelline.by hybucket4/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Will not work with satellite.by ElexEngineer2/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers in store also bought these products
- Reduced Price$24.61 List price $74.49Save $49.88
- $11.92 Was $16.32Save $4.40