About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The world's first, best, and easiest-to-use digital video recorder just got better. The TiVo Series2 DT DVR records up to 80 hours of video. And it can record two shows at once. A built-in Ethernet port makes connecting to your home network even easier. Best of all, the TiVo Series2 80-Hour DT DVR gives you the freedom to watch your favorite shows any time, anywhere.
TiVo Series2 DT DVR:
- Broadband-ready right out of the box—no phone line needed for setup
- The TiVo Series2 DT DVR is optimized for cable
- Control live TV with pause, rewind, instant replay, and slow-motion
- Find and digitally record shows by title, actor, sports team or keyword
- Schedule recordings anywhere from the Web
- Easily transfer shows to your laptop or select portable device
- Share photos, listen to Internet radio and podcasts, get Yahoo! weather, traffic, and more
- The TiVo Series2 DT DVR records simultaneously from two basic cable channels, or one basic cable and one digital cable channel (does not support recording from two digital cable or satellite channels )
- Supports recording from cable and satellite sources only (does not support recording from over-the-air antenna)
- Ethernet cable or a compatible USB wireless network adapter is required (Sold separately)
- Wireless remote control included
- 15"w x 3.3"h x 12.5"d
- Weighs 8 pounds
|Connector Type:||1 x USB - rear|
|Dvd Player Type:||Hard Drive Recorder|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||11.95|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||18.0 x 6.0 x 6.0|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- YES! A Tivo is like a TV. You purchase the box at the store or online (which is what Walmart is selling) and then you pay for monthly service (only offered through Tivo at their website) to watch shows on it.. just like you pay for cable or satellite for your TV to be functional. You buy a tivo for ease of recording, season passes, dual tuners, etc. and it is an ADDITION to your tv and cable, not a substitute.by CsterNDster6/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Does not work with over the air..but the Tivo HD box does.. Yes you will have to buy the tivo service.. monthly, yearly or lifetime serviceby Goodyshoes3/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, according to the package (once I received it) you have to pay a TiVo subscription in order to use it. I returned it as soon as I saw thisby Sheyrena3/4/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, depending on your budget.. monthly, yearly or lifetime check the tivo websiteby Goodyshoes6/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you need to pay a monthly fee, just like the add on fee you pay for a DVR from your cable company. The difference is that the TiVo software really is so much better. Much easier to use and many more features. If all you are doing is recording a few of your favorite shows then the cable company DVR is probably fine for you, but if you are going to use the DVR as the main way you watch TV then you won't be sorry with the TiVo. If you want to record HD shows you need to buy the HD TiVo, btw.by KnowsIt2/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- You HAVE to have a subscription for this to work and it is $12.95 a month from what I could find online. I hope I answered this in time before you bought it and found out the hard way like I just did. I found it is about the same to rent it from the cable company and you don't have to buy the box, just the monthly rental. Hope this helps and walmart.com needs to put in the description that it needs a monthly service to work.by babydoll17023/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- not the tivo hd, because this box is for cable and antenna. You will need to use the tivo series 2dt with dishnetwork, but it will only record one show at a time not two, but if you have directv check online for the directv tivo box.by Goodyshoes1/23/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can but you must buy a DirectTV specific TiVoby davelcac12/7/2008Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?