Thor: God of Thunder takes players through a spectacular, epic-scale original third-person adventure for which Eisner Award-winning writer and lead Thor comic book author Matt Fraction served as story consultant. In the game, Thor battles through numerous worlds of Norse mythology to overcome monstrous foes lifted from the pages of the comics including Ulik, Ymir, and Surtur in conflicts that span realms ranging from primal worlds of fire and ice to extraordinary planets inhabited by Frost Giants, Trolls, and other monstrous denizens. Players will wield the iconic Mjolnir, Thor's legendary hammer, to fight enemies on an immense scale while controlling the elemental storm powers of lightning, thunder, and wind to vanquish foes.
- Hammer of the Gods: Feel the surging power of a mythological Super Hero as you devastate multiple enemies with melee combo attacks and hammer throws, utilizing Thor's elemental storm powers of thunder, lightning and wind.
- Epic Enemies: Take on an array of titanic enemies dozens of feet tall weighing over 20 tons using multiple strategies including grappling, vaulting, and elemental attacks.
- Level Up: Acquire new abilities, powers, and weapon upgrades as Thor earns Valor points through his exploits.
- Immortal Heritage: Step into the role of the son of Odin, Asgard's divine ruler, wielding the mighty hammer Mjolnir that gives you control of elemental powers.
- Original Storyline: Delve deeper into the heroic tales of the Thor universe with an original story created specifically for the video game.
- Comic Book Icon: Brought to the Marvel Universe by Stan Lee and penciled by noted artist Jack Kirby, Thor first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1962 and has since appeared in comics (solo and with the Avengers), TV, and now in film and his first video game.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Animated Blood and Fantasy Violence