Check out these related products
- $12.36 List price $14.00Save $1.64
- $13.35 List price $15.00Save $1.65
- $21.57 List price $24.95Save $3.38
- $11.48 List price $17.95Save $6.47
- $17.49 List price $20.00Save $2.51
- $9.06 Was $9.99Save $0.93
- $12.87 List price $14.95Save $2.08
- $12.22 List price $15.00Save $2.78
- $13.05 List price $16.95Save $3.90
- $14.03 List price $19.99Save $5.96
- $9.37 List price $15.00Save $5.63
- $14.92 List price $15.95Save $1.03
- $20.84 List price $26.95Save $6.11
- $9.96 List price $15.95Save $5.99
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Random House Inc, 2011, ISBN13 9781612190235, ISBN10 1612190235
Orwell meets Vonnegut in the simultaneously hilarious and chilling masterpiece from the man who invented the word "robot"
This legendary but previously hard-to-get novel is a hilarious dystopian satire about the choice between ecological catastrophe and making your quarterly financial goals. As both a commentary on capitalism and the rise of fascism, as well as an early work of science fiction, it is one of the most important books of the twentieth century.
When the curmudgeonly sailor Captain von Toch discovers a breed of large, intelligent newts in far-off Polynesia, he realizes that, with a little training, they could be used as a virtual army of complacent pearl-divers in shark-infested waters. Then von Toch's financial backers realize that the newts can be trained for all kinds of underwater civil engineering projects, or to build new islands, even to defend shorelines--wielding weapons, no less
There's only one problem: released from their previous environment, the newts replicate like, well, aqua-bunnies. And soon they aren't so complacent anymore.
Acclaimed by many as the first dystopian novel, and others as the best book of science fiction ever written, Karel Capek's masterpiece remains all that and more: smart, funny, and relevant.
|Number of Pages:||256|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||December, 2016|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||2.00 x 10.00 x 8.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.88 List price $30.00Save $11.12
- $7.55 Was $7.99Save $0.44
- $9.18 List price $10.00Save $0.82
- $7.48 List price $9.99Save $2.51
- $6.24 List price $9.99Save $3.75
- $5.99 Was $7.99Save $2.00