About this item
The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 set offers hundreds of building elements, programming software, and powerful electronics that you can use to create amazing robots. But where do you begin?
This eagerly awaited second edition of the bestselling Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Inventor's Guide is your key to designing, building, and programming robots with the NXT 2.0 set.
You'll learn practical building techniques, like how to build sturdy structures and use gears, and gain a solid understanding of the set's NXT-G programming language. A series of projects new to this edition offers step-by-step instructions for building and programming six robots, each of which can be built with just one NXT 2.0 set, including:
- Inventor-Bot, a fast, simple, modular vehicle with treads
- Sentry-Bot, a robot guard that shoots balls at intruders
- Table-Bot, a vehicle that uses its antennae to avoid falling off a tabletop
- The Jeep, a four-wheeled vehicle that avoids obstacles and follows lines
- The Lizard, a large walking robot that uses the color sensor to detect and respond to different colored balls
- The Printer, a stationary robot that uses a pen or marker to draw letters, words, and shapes on paper
Additional resources include the Piece Library, which contains basic information on the more than 80 types of LEGO pieces in the NXT 2.0 set, and the Quick Reference, which lists the 34 types of standard programming blocks. So go ahead. Grab your NXT 2.0 set, fire up your imagination, and see what you can invent with The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 Inventor's Guide.
|Contributed by:||Valk, Laurens|
|Publisher:||No Starch Press, Incorporated|
|Publish Date:||Dec 15, 2010|
|Number of Pages:||310|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.75|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||10.0 x 8.0 x 0.8|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.