Customers also viewed these products
- $15.88 Was $19.88Save $4.00
- $12.15 Was $17.04Save $4.89
- $16.79 Was $20.79Save $4.00
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie
Check out these related products
- $12.87 List price $14.95Save $2.08
- $10.61 List price $15.95Save $5.34
- $13.19 List price $15.95Save $2.76
- $16.26 List price $19.99Save $3.73
- $13.39 List price $15.00Save $1.61
- $9.37 List price $15.00Save $5.63
- $8.49 Was $9.99Save $1.50
- $13.64 List price $14.95Save $1.31
- $17.49 List price $20.00Save $2.51
- $11.78 List price $16.95Save $5.17
- $11.08 List price $17.95Save $6.87
- $23.07 List price $24.95Save $1.88
- $9.97 List price $16.00Save $6.03
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Random House Inc, 2012, ISBN13 9780385350280, ISBN10 0385350287
The newest Oprah's Book Club 2.0 selection.
The arrival of a major new voice in contemporary fiction.
A debut of extraordinary distinction: Ayana Mathis tells the story of the children of the Great Migration through the trials of one unforgettable family.
In 1923, fifteen-year-old Hattie Shepherd flees Georgia and settles in Philadelphia, hoping for a chance at a better life. Instead, she marries a man who will bring her nothing but disappointment and watches helplessly as her firstborn twins succumb to an illness a few pennies could have prevented. Hattie gives birth to nine more children whom she raises with grit and mettle and not an ounce of the tenderness they crave. She vows to prepare them for the calamitous difficulty they are sure to face in their later lives, to meet a world that will not love them, a world that will not be kind. Captured here in twelve luminous narrative threads, their lives tell the story of a mother's monumental courage and the journey of a nation.
Beautiful and devastating, Ayana Mathis's "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie" is wondrous from first to last--glorious, harrowing, unexpectedly uplifting, and blazing with life. An emotionally transfixing page-turner, a searing portrait of striving in the face of insurmountable adversity, an indelible encounter with the resilience of the human spirit and the driving force of the American dream.
|Number of Pages:||243|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||December, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Customers in store also bought these products
- $7.12 Was $7.99Save $0.87
- $15.90 Was $17.28Save $1.38
- from $8.62
- $14.12 Was $19.60Save $5.48