About this item
This handsomely produced, color-illustrated volume tells the story of Steampunk, which started in the 1980s as a pop culture movement inspired by the early science fiction that came out of the Victorian era. It soon developed into an international lifestyle movement, having its own distinctive art, fashion, home decor, music, and social events. The Steampunk Gazette chronicles the origins and development of this subculture, using an illustrated newspaper-style design that reflects Steampunk's retro aesthetic. Telling Steampunk's story in words, complemented with atmospheric color photos and Victorian-style typefaces and page designs, The Steampunk Gazette highlights topics that include--
- Retro Victorian clothing fashions for men and women
- Gentlemen's headgear
- Jules Verne-style submarine equipment and exploration
- The 30 foot tall Steampunk metal tree and tree house in Black Rock City, Nevada
- Steampunk home furnishings, invariably rescued from dusty attics
- Illustrated descriptions of Steampunk flying machines, computers, steam guns, and other pseudo-inventions
- Illustrated reports covering Steampunk music, dance, and theater
- Accounts of Steampunk festivals, clubs, and cabarets
- Steampunk sports and games
The Steampunk Gazette will delight anyone who is interested in learning more about the origins--and current expression--of this vital and burgeoning arts movement. Color illustrations on most pages--approximately 500 in total.
|Publisher:||Barron's Educational Series, Incorporated|
|Publish Date:||Sep 01, 2012|
|Number of Pages:||256|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.15|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||6.5 x 10.0 x 1.25|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.