The New York Times Book of New York: 549 Stories of the People, the Events, and the Life of the City--past and Present
Check out these related products
- $19.73 Was $21.39Save $1.66
- $12.41 Was $13.33Save $0.92
- $25.64 List price $35.00Save $9.36
- $11.80 List price $14.00Save $2.20
- $13.48 Was $14.35Save $0.87
- $25.04 List price $29.95Save $4.91
- $17.08 List price $21.99Save $4.91
- $14.55 List price $21.99Save $7.44
- $19.86 List price $22.99Save $3.13
- $18.48 List price $19.99Save $1.51
- $15.88 List price $27.00Save $11.12
- $17.88 List price $21.99Save $4.11
- $18.56 List price $21.99Save $3.43
- $14.48 List price $21.99Save $7.51
- $15.47 List price $19.99Save $4.52
- $19.71 List price $21.99Save $2.28
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hundreds of articles and photographs from The New York Times, organized by theme, conveys the history and culture of the city from 1851 to the present, examining how its people live, eat, mourn, fight, love, and celebrate.
This unique volume uncovers the most fascinating and compelling stories from "The New York Times" about the city the paper calls home.
More than 200 articles and an abundance of photographs, illustrations, maps, and graphs from the preeminent newspaper in the world take a look at the history and personality of the world's most influential city. Read firsthand accounts of the subway opening in 1904 and the day the Metrocard was introduced; the fall of Tammany Hall and recurring corruption in city politics; the Son of Sam murders; jazz clubs in the 1920s and legendary performances at the Fillmore East; baseball's Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier at Brooklyn's storied Ebbets Field in 1947; the 1977 and 2004 blackouts; the openings and closings of the city's most beloved restaurants; and much more. Not just a historical account, this is a fascinating, sometimes funny, and often moving look at how people in New York live, eat, travel, mourn, fight, love, and celebrate.
Organized by theme, the book includes original writings on all topics related to city life, including art, architecture, transportation, politics, neighborhoods, people, sports, business, food, and more. Includes articles from such well-known "Times" writers as Meyer Berger, Gay Talese, Anna Quindlen, Israel Shenker, Brooks Atkinson, Frank Rich, Ada Louise Huxtable, John Kieran, Russell Baker, and more. Special contributors who have written about New York for the "Times" include Paul Auster, Woody Allen, and E.B. White, among others.
|Number of Pages:||463|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Quindlen, Anna , Barron, James|
|Publication Date:||May, 2009|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.25 x 10.25 x 1.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.98 List price $30.00Save $9.02
- $49.58 List price $68.20Save $18.62
- $7.17 List price $11.95Save $4.78
- $12.30 List price $15.99Save $3.69
- $20.40 List price $27.99Save $7.59
- $18.96 Was $22.27Save $3.31
- $22.38 List price $32.00Save $9.62
- $21.26 List price $28.00Save $6.74
- $12.23 Was $13.73Save $1.50