The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
Customers also viewed these products
- $12.39 List price $16.00Save $3.61
- $8.42 List price $15.00Save $6.58
- $19.54 List price $27.95Save $8.41
- $10.99 List price $16.00Save $5.01
- $12.92 List price $16.00Save $3.08
Check out these related products
- $23.73 List price $27.95Save $4.22
- $15.08 List price $25.00Save $9.92
- $10.88 List price $17.00Save $6.12
- $15.36 List price $17.00Save $1.64
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Portfolio, 2012, ISBN13 9781591846079, ISBN10 1591846072
In Seth Godin's most inspiring book, he challenges readers to find the courage to treat their work as a form of art Everyone knows that Icarus's father made him wings and told him not to fly too close to the sun; he ignored the warning and plunged to his doom. The lesson: Play it safe. Listen to the experts. It was the perfect propaganda for the industrial economy. What boss wouldn't want employees to believe that obedience and conformity are the keys to success? But we tend to forget that Icarus was also warned not to fly too low, because seawater would ruin the lift in his wings. Flying too low is even more dangerous than flying too high, because it feels deceptively safe. The safety zone has moved. Conformity no longer leads to comfort. But the good news is that creativity is scarce and more valuable than ever. So is choosing to do something unpredictable and brave: Make art. Being an artist isn't a genetic disposition or a specific talent. It's an attitude we can all adopt. It's a hunger to seize new ground, make connections, and work without a map. If you do those things you're an artist, no matter what it says on your business card. Godin shows us how it's possible and convinces us why it's essential.
|Number of Pages:||241|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Primary Shelf ID:||586199|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||December, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $11.18 List price $23.00Save $11.82
- $16.64 List price $29.95Save $13.31
- $12.42 List price $28.00Save $15.58
- $7.72 Was $9.91Save $2.19
- $15.73 Was $16.65Save $0.92
- $10.78 List price $13.95Save $3.17
- $19.00 List price $28.00Save $9.00
- $13.76 List price $25.00Save $11.24
- $14.72 List price $24.99Save $10.27
- $9.76 List price $15.99Save $6.23
- $11.87 List price $21.00Save $9.13
- $17.00 List price $24.95Save $7.95
- $10.11 List price $17.00Save $6.89