Customers also considered
- $8.18 List price $12.99Save $4.81
- $7.48 List price $12.99Save $5.51
- $10.86 List price $18.99Save $8.13
- $12.02 Was $13.29Save $1.27
- $22.27 List price $36.97Save $14.70
- $12.02 List price $18.99Save $6.97
- $27.00 List price $53.97Save $26.97
- from $5.00
- $9.00 List price $14.99Save $5.99
- $4.83 Was $5.68Save $0.85
- $35.99 List price $59.99Save $24.00
- $33.89 List price $59.99Save $26.10
- Rollback$109.00 Was $129.97Save $20.97
About this item
About this item
Paperback, Scholastic, 2010, ISBN13 9780439023528, ISBN10 0439023521
Now in paperback, the book no one can stop talking about . . .
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead (cont'd)
|Number of Pages:||374|
|Series Title:||Hunger Games|
|Publication Date:||July, 2010|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.50 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
- I would not want my child to read it. It's got some complicated sub-plots and is violant and scary. I think the average child would have nightmares. However, although it's violant, it's not always very graphic, which is a good thing. I'd recommend it for young adults. I'm 52 years old and I loved it. So "big people" like it too.by LaureeL4/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I know several adults who enjoyed this book. I personally loved it.by Leafshadow9/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think everyone from age 13 would really enjoy it.by thewilddreamer6/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hi ciscoj, I am 25, and I thouroughly enjoyed this book. The book is written from the point of view of a 17 year old girl, but the content and such kept my attention. It was hard to put this book down, lol. Hope this helps. :)by sarahg14/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am 34 years old and I loved the book. It is action packed, filled with suspense, and even includes a love story. The main character is a sixteen year old girl; however, she is wise beyond her years. I highly recommend this book for adults and teenagers. I would not recommend it for children under 13 due to the graphic nature of the violence depicted in the "Games". If you begin reading this, I must warn you that you will not be able to put the book down. :-) Happy reading!by LCMGR4/16/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes adults will enjoy this book too.by purplebf4/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm an adult and really enjoyed reading the Hunger Games.by Cindys664/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I say this book is NOT for children. Even though it is a book, it is VERY violent at times. It is also quite lovey, dovey at times and younger readers wouldnt understand. I would reccommend this for teens and older. DEFINITELY ADULTS CAN ENJOY THIS BOOK!by gdawgs564/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The book was and reads for young adults.. so while there is violenceby melimish4/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not recommend that young children read this at all. For adults I think it is a must read. After you read it then you can decide if it is appropriate for your child depending on their age.by ObiMom4/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?