The Hoosier Mama Book of Pie: Deluxe Recipes
Check out these related products
- $17.43 List price $24.95Save $7.52
- $11.70 List price $20.99Save $9.29
- $18.11 List price $19.95Save $1.84
- $8.31 List price $12.00Save $3.69
- $12.77 List price $14.95Save $2.18
- $23.90 List price $29.95Save $6.05
- $23.33 List price $35.00Save $11.67
- $23.45 List price $29.95Save $6.50
- $15.59 List price $24.95Save $9.36
- $7.63 List price $9.95Save $2.32
- $12.26 Was $14.89Save $2.63
- $11.70 Was $12.70Save $1.00
- $8.21 List price $9.95Save $1.74
- $11.13 List price $12.00Save $0.87
- $13.30 Was $14.30Save $1.00
- $19.24 List price $25.00Save $5.76
- $16.40 List price $17.95Save $1.55
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
"A guide to making pie from the founder of Chicago's nationally celebrated Hoosier Mama Pie Company. Includes recipes, tips, pie history, and illustrations"--
When Paula Haney first opened the Hoosier Mama Pie Company on March 14, 2009 (Pi day, appropriately enough), she worried whether her new business could survive despite specializing in just one thing. When she opened her storefront that morning and saw a line around the block, she realized she had a more immediate problem: Did she make enough pie? The shop closed early that day, but it has been churning out plenty of Chicago's most delectable pies ever since.
Haney started her career as a pastry chef at Trio, one of Chicago's top fine-dining restaurants. There, she spent many exhilarating and exhausting days creating fabulous new desserts to keep up with the restaurant's head chef: a then-unknown Grant Achatz, who would go on to culinary superstardom. This frenetic innovation left Haney in search of classic comfort food on her days off. Her disappointment in being unable to find a good slice of pie in all of Chicago led her to one conclusion: She needed to open her own store.
Specializing in handmade, artisanal pies that only use locally sourced and seasonal ingredients, Hoosier Mama Pie Company has become a local favorite and a national destination, gaining praise from Bon Appetit, the Food Network, and Food & Wine as one of the top pie shops in the country. Now, The Hoosier Mama Book of Pie delivers all the sumptuous secrets of buttery crusts, fruity fillings, creams and custards, chess pies, over-the-top pies, and even the stout and hearty savory pie. While pie has a reputation for being difficult to master, the book's practical and laid-back tone will help bakers both new and old make the perfect pie for every occasion.
The Hooser Mama Book of Pie also includes tips on technique, fascinating historical anecdotes, and an emphasis on special seasonal recipes, as well as quiches and hand pies. With beautiful, full-color photos and a classic, retro design that recalls the mid-20th century golden age of pie, this book reflects all the warmth and personality of the Hoosier Mama Pie Company's cozy Chicago storefront. The focus on using local produce and employing the farm-to-table philosophy helps home bakers make the freshest, most delicious pies imaginable. Now readers can take a little piece of the Hoosier Mama Pie Company anywhere they go.
|Number of Pages:||351|
|Author:||Haney, Paula , Scott, Allison|
|Publication Date:||August, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.50 x 10.00 x 1.25 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $12.24 List price $16.95Save $4.71
- $14.99 List price $19.99Save $5.00
- $18.04 Was $21.69Save $3.65
- $15.89 List price $24.99Save $9.10
- $19.97 List price $30.00Save $10.03
- $13.98 List price $19.95Save $5.97
- $18.25 List price $28.99Save $10.74
- $13.85 Was $15.76Save $1.91
- $14.94 List price $16.95Save $2.01
- $8.61 List price $14.95Save $6.34