About this item
From Academy Award(R)-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", the first of a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece "The Hobbit", by J.R.R. Tolkien. The three films tell a continuous story set in Middle-earth 60 years before "The Lord of the Rings", which Jackson and his filmmaking team brought to the big screen in the blockbuster trilogy that culminated with the Oscar(R)-winning "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King". The adventure follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Sorcerers.
Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired), Includes 10 Production Videos: Embark on your own journey behind the camera with director Peter Jackson as he personally guides you through the adventure of creating "The Hobbit". Join him from the start of production and visit Hobbiton, go on location, see how Jackson pushed the boundaries of 3D and walk the red carpet in 10 comprehensive video blogs he created especially for fans.
Must Redeem Digital Copy Offer by 03/19/2015. Includes standard definition Digital Copy of the main feature with the purchase of this disc. Does Not Include iTunes File. May not be compatible with all devices, and compatible devices subject to change. Restrictions and limitations apply. For more information go to http://wbdigitalcopy.com/terms. Licensed Digital Copy Not For Resale.
|Starring:||Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, James Nesbitt, Ken Stott, Sylvester McCoy, Barry Humphries|
|Studio Name:||Warner Home Video|
|Run Time (in minutes):||169 minutes|
|Audio Tracks:||AC, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.16|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||0.94 x 4.0 x 7.37|
Ask a question
- Sorry Bret, this will never happen. It's the law.by 2umestone12/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Around Christmas time this year, as the second installment is released in the theaters, there will be and extended version just as they did with LOTRby Bigguy48943/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, but it hasn't been said when yet.by Gruminhal3/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There should be a button on your remote or DVD player to eliminate sub titles. If not at the very beginning where it says set up, you will be able to undo the sub titles. If this can't be done place some masking tape at the bottom of your screen.by 2umestone7/1/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This movie doesn't have sub titles showing automatically but you can select them if you wish to use sub titles.by gigglegal4/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Mine had no problem with subtitles, you should be able to go to the DVD's menu and remove them there.by Gruminhal3/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Hello, I'm french, I would like this DVD but I don't know if we can watch it in french? Ask me quickly please. It's for a birthday. Thanks.
- I think it has french subtitles. It's best to wait.by Gruminhal6/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Best Buy says the it has french and spanish subtitles. The pre-order is $21.99.by Postalwoman3/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?