The Golden Hat: Talking Back to Autism
Customers also viewed these products
- $13.30 List price $19.99Save $6.69
- $14.44 Was $15.81Save $1.37
- $11.10 Was $11.97Save $0.87
- $9.44 List price $15.00Save $5.56
- $16.73 Was $18.28Save $1.55
- $11.77 Was $12.43Save $0.66
- $11.08 List price $15.95Save $4.87
Check out these related products
- $16.69 List price $20.00Save $3.31
- $17.23 List price $26.00Save $8.77
- $24.20 List price $29.99Save $5.79
- $18.26 List price $25.00Save $6.74
- $24.00 List price $30.00Save $6.00
- $19.57 List price $25.00Save $5.43
- $34.05 List price $49.99Save $15.94
- $23.23 List price $29.99Save $6.76
- $8.49 Was $14.00Save $5.51
- $11.30 List price $17.00Save $5.70
- $14.22 List price $16.00Save $1.78
- $13.71 List price $16.00Save $2.29
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Collects photographs and quotes that express something important to them from celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey, Michael Phelps, and James Franco, in an effort to change the world for people with autism.
Thank you for taking this journey with us. We hope this book brings a new awareness of the opportunity we have to help those with autism learn to communicate and realize their ambitions. People with autism have the potential to achieve great things, but only when given the appropriate support and education. This is why the Golden Hat Foundation was formed. All author proceeds from this book go directly to the Golden Hat Foundation. With your help, we can change the world for people with autism. For more information about the Golden Hat Foundation and ways you can help, please visit our website: www.goldenhatfoundation.org
"I simply couldn't conceive of how devastating it would be not to be able to hear my children's voices. Not to be able to communicate with them, to hear them learn, grow, and express themselves verbally. How fortunate, how blessed I am. This overwhelmed me. I can talk to my children, I can respond to their needs and comfort them when they tell me they are unwell. I can tell them stories and hear them tell theirs."
Imagine what it would be like not to be able to communicate with those we love. For many individuals living with nonverbal autism and their families, this is their everyday reality. "The Golden Hat "is an intimate response to this reality created by Kate Winslet, Margret Ericsdottir, and her son Keli, who has nonverbal autism.
Kate and Margret's stories, their personal email correspondence, and Keli's poetry give us a profound insight into the world of those living with autism. Kate has shared this story with some of the world's most famous people, posing the question: "What is important to you to express?" Their responses are a collection of intimate self-portraits and unique quotes. Among them are:
John C. Reilly
Kristin Scott Thomas
Put together by Kate, Margret, and the dedicated team who work daily on the Golden Hat Foundation, this project has been a labor of love.
All the author proceeds from this groundbreaking book will benefit the Golden Hat Foundation, founded by Kate Winslet and Margret Ericsdottir to build innovative living campuses for people with autism and raise public awareness of their intellectual capabilities.
|Number of Pages:||286|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Ericsdottir, Margret , Winslet, Kate , Thorsteinsson, Keli|
|Primary Shelf ID:||582797|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Publication Date:||March, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.50 x 9.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.47 List price $27.99Save $9.52
- $20.83 List price $35.00Save $14.17
- $9.51 Was $10.11Save $0.60
- $9.75 Was $11.43Save $1.68
- $16.61 List price $24.99Save $8.38
- $14.70 List price $20.00Save $5.30
- $12.45 List price $16.99Save $4.54
- $14.12 List price $19.99Save $5.87
- $16.65 List price $27.99Save $11.34
- $11.76 List price $19.99Save $8.23