The Darkness II delivers a brutal and personal narrative as gamers take control of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. The Darkness II is the sequel to the million unit-selling 2007 title, The Darkness, and brings a unique new combat mechanic through Quad-Wielding, which will allow players to slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with two Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons. The game is layered with thematic elements of dark versus light, steeped in deep and twisted storytelling, and maintains the stylistic violence visualized through a hand-painted graphic noir technique, true to its comic book origins.
- Quad-wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
- Kill the Lights - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows, so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- An Intense and Personal Journey - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-noire Style - Graphic novel shading and color, combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
- 4-player Co-op - The Vendettas co-op mode features 4-player support, as well as a separate story and unique characters with abilities tied to the Darkness.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Drug Reference, and Intense Violence