The Breast Cancer Survival Manual: A Step-by-Step Guide for the Woman With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Check out these related products
- $11.42 Was $12.84Save $1.42
- $14.69 List price $16.95Save $2.26
- $13.59 List price $16.99Save $3.40
- $10.80 List price $15.99Save $5.19
- $13.98 List price $15.99Save $2.01
- $10.36 Was $13.78Save $3.42
- $154.35 List price $199.20Save $44.85
- $15.72 List price $17.99Save $2.27
- $15.73 List price $16.99Save $1.26
- $10.00 List price $15.99Save $5.99
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Provides information and advice on breast cancer and its treatment, from pathology reports and second opinions to surgery and risk factors.
The updated edition of the essential resource for the 250,000 women diagnosed with breast cancer each year
Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women from thirty-five to fifty-four years of age, and few things are as terrifying and confusing as a diagnosis of this disease. The fifth edition of The "Breast Cancer Survival Manual" is a concise, information-packed guide that is newly revised to contain all of the latest findings to help the woman facing treatment feel informed and empowered. John Link, M.D., a pioneer developer of Breastlink Medical Group in Southern California includes the most current medical advice on
- Tamoxifen, Herceptin, and other chemotherapy options
- The growing importance of HER2 oncogene testing
- Clinical research trials under way that could broaden treatment options
- The role of preventive drugs and prophylactic mastectomy for those with high genetic risk
- Sentinel lymph node sampling, a method of local control soon to become standard
Of course, all of the basic information included in the previous editions--the nature and biology of breast cancer, choosing a treatment team, managing side effects, and optimizing medication--are here as well, making this the best book of its kind on the market.
|Contributed by:||Waisman, James, M.D.|
|Contributed by:||Link, Nancy|
|Publisher:||Henry Holt & Co|
|Publish Date:||Aug 2012|
|Number of Pages:||208|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.56|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||6.0 x 9.0 x 0.75|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $6.09 Was $6.58Save $0.49
- $14.04 Was $16.01Save $1.97
- $16.95 List price $19.95Save $3.00
- $17.06 Was $18.99Save $1.93
- $6.00 List price $7.99Save $1.99
- $8.69 List price $14.99Save $6.30
- $11.63 Was $14.52Save $2.89