The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies: 1,001 Doctor-Approved Health Fixes & Injury-Prevention Secrets for a Leaner, Fitter, More Athletic Body!
Check out these related products
- $12.31 List price $16.99Save $4.68
- $21.75 List price $25.00Save $3.25
- $25.28 List price $34.95Save $9.67
- $18.10 List price $28.95Save $10.85
- $15.26 Was $19.95Save $4.69
- $18.42 List price $19.95Save $1.53
- $17.11 Was $18.71Save $1.60
- $16.06 List price $18.95Save $2.89
- $14.42 Was $15.28Save $0.86
- $17.43 Was $18.59Save $1.16
- $12.82 Was $14.21Save $1.39
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, St Martins Pr, 2011, ISBN13 9781609612344, ISBN10 1609612345
Identify, treat, and--most important--prevent common debilitating sports injuries and medical conditions.
Whether you're a hardcore competitor or a weekend warrior, this book belongs on your shelf. "The Athletes Book of Home Remedies" is your go-to resource for safe, effective, do-it-yourself treatments whether you have a strain, sprain, or pain that you've never felt before.
When you get hurt, you have fears. You have questions. Ice or heat? Should I see a doctor? Will I need surgery? This book answers those questions and allays those fears. Dr. Jordan Metzl, one of the nation's leading sports medicine physicians, breaks down all the information into easy-to-follow strategies for effective self-treatment--while letting you know in no uncertain terms when you should go see your own doctor, pronto.
The book also answers other common training questions like, "What should I eat to fuel my workouts?" and "What exercises can I do to prevent injury and perform at the next level?" Understand: Metzl isn't just a doctor. He's an elite athlete, having completed 9 Ironman triathlons and 29 marathons. He understands the mind of the athlete, how psychologically devastating any injury can be, and what it takes to get you back in your game as quickly and safely as possible.
In "The Athletes Book of Home Remedies," you'll find:
- Eye-popping anatomical illustrations of each injury, detailed symptoms, how the injury happens, and how to fix it
- The secret system of the body that you can tap to boost performance and prevent injury
- Concussions: What you need to know
- The most annoying sports maladies ever--from athlete's foot to side stitches--cured
- The Iron Strength Workouts: Intense, total-body exercise routines for all fitness levels designed to build injury-proof athletes
- Two comprehensive eating plans, each with a week's worth of meals engineered to fit the specific nutrition needs for endurance training or strength training
- Dozens of sneaky tips for gaining an edge in any sport
|Number of Pages:||368|
|Author:||Metzl, Jordan D. , Zimmerman, Mike|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Publication Date:||March, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 9.25 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.