The Art of Significance: Achieving the Level Beyond Success
Customers also viewed these products
- $12.39 List price $16.00Save $3.61
- $12.92 List price $16.00Save $3.08
- $8.98 Was $10.61Save $1.63
- $10.99 List price $16.00Save $5.01
- $8.42 List price $15.00Save $6.58
- $19.54 List price $27.95Save $8.41
- $13.50 Was $15.23Save $1.73
Check out these related products
- $22.83 List price $27.95Save $5.12
- $21.86 List price $26.95Save $5.09
- $16.73 List price $20.00Save $3.27
- $15.88 List price $26.95Save $11.07
- $21.33 List price $27.95Save $6.62
- $22.61 List price $27.95Save $5.34
- $20.64 List price $27.95Save $7.31
- $23.73 List price $27.95Save $4.22
- $20.49 List price $25.00Save $4.51
- $14.58 List price $25.95Save $11.37
- $17.05 List price $25.95Save $8.90
- $21.07 List price $27.95Save $6.88
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Penguin Group USA, 2013, ISBN13 9781591845744, ISBN10 1591845742
What would you rather have--conventional success or a high level "beyond "success?
Dan Clark, one of the world's leading inspirational speakers and leadership trainers, vehemently opposes the conventional wisdom about success. He believes it's tragic and superficial to build our careers and per-sonal lives around getting more money, bigger houses, cooler toys, and fancier job titles.
What's it all worth in the end? How many out-wardly successful people still feel empty inside?
Clark has spent decades traveling around the world, interviewing the famous and powerful; con-sulting with presidents and generals and sheikhs and corporate leaders; creating a multimillion-dollar business; and (before any of the above) overcoming a paralyzing injury. All those experiences have con-vinced him that the happiest people in the world don't pursue success at all. Instead, they pursue signifi-cance--and find that success comes along as part of the package.
What's the difference between success and significance? As you'll learn in this powerful, myth-shattering book . . . The successful get what they want; the significant want what they get. The successful think wealth flows to them; the significant know that wealth flows through them, to bless those around them. The successful earn financial independence, influence, and popularity; the significant earn financial independence, influence, popularity, admiration, loyalty, and respect. The successful compare themselves against others; the significant compete only against themselves. The successful are quickly forgotten when they die; the significant leave a long-lasting legacy. Clark shows us how it can be done by following his Twelve Laws of Significance, which include counter-intuitive ideas such as "Patience is overrated--it allows us to never begin," "It's not all about team--teams lose," and "Don't strive for work/life balance--it's about harmony."
He illustrates his ideas with a wide range of powerful true stories from business, education, the military, and sports--starting with his own story of fighting his way back from a serious injury that cut short his football career. Paralyzed both physically and emotionally, Clark began his recovery only when he started to focus on purpose rather than on goals; on being whole rather than famous; on serving oth-ers rather than seeking praise. In the long run, that accident was the greatest gift he ever received, setting him on a lifelong path toward true significance.
Clark's wisdom will stimulate your intellect, challenge your beliefs, and penetrate your heart. By following his Laws of Significance, you will learn to connect your head and heart, manage your priorities, and live an extraordinary life that matters to your family, friends, coworkers, community, and country.
|Number of Pages:||244|
|Primary Shelf ID:||586199|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||March, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 8.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $12.42 List price $28.00Save $15.58
- $10.78 List price $13.95Save $3.17
- $11.18 List price $23.00Save $11.82
- $16.64 List price $29.95Save $13.31
- $7.72 Was $9.91Save $2.19
- $15.73 Was $16.65Save $0.92
- $9.76 List price $15.99Save $6.23
- $19.00 List price $28.00Save $9.00
- $8.69 List price $14.99Save $6.30
- $11.87 List price $21.00Save $9.13
- $10.11 List price $17.00Save $6.89
- $16.17 List price $29.99Save $13.82
- $13.76 List price $25.00Save $11.24