About this item
This best-selling Texas Instruments graphing calculator model is easy to use and perfect for school classes ranging from algebra through calculus and biology to physics. The Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator is enhanced with Flash technology for flexibility in adding software applications and additional functionality.
Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator:
- Flash calculator software applications
- Texas Instruments graphing calculator has an upgradeable operating system
- Pre-loaded with periodic table, organizer, catalog help, science tools, start-up, probability simulations, CBL/CBR, puzzle pack and study cards
- Defines, saves and graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric equations, polar equations and 3 recursively defined sequence
- Advanced statistics include hypothesis testing, confidence intervals and probability distributions
- Finance features include time value of money, cash flows and amortization
- Equation solver editor solves for different variables interactively
- Algebra graphing calculator handles real and complex numbers, lists, matrices and strings
- Supports Z80 assembly language programming
- Advanced graphing features including multiple graph styles
- High contrast, 8-line by 16-character display with 64 x 96 pixels
- Texas Instruments graphing calculator has a split screen
- 192 KB memory (32 KB RAM and 160 KB user archive memory)
- Algebra graphing calculator has 185 KB of user-available memory
- Flash ROM technology enables electronic upgradability for software upgrades and new applications
- Hard slide case protects calculator keys
- Input/Output port with unit-to-unit cable included
- Computer connectivity with TI-Graphlink software (not included)
- Allowed for use on the PSAT, SAT I, SAT II Math IC and IIC, AP Chemistry, AP Physics and AP Calculus exams
|Battery Type:||Lithium Primary|
|Model No.:||TI-83 PLUS|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.65|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||3.5 x 1.0 x 7.3|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
- 4 AA batteriesby ArmyWifeAmanda93/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 4 AAA for the device. The backup battery is separate and calls for a Lithium 303 or SR44SW.by Juiceair5/17/2014Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4 AAA'sby jiny158derfe12/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- This calculator uses 4 tripple a bateries however the ones included do not last long so it would be best for you to pick up other ones as spares.by new0village5/5/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4 double A batteries (included)by sweetcomedygirl8/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (11)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Can this calculator be used on the ACTS? And if not what's a good graphic chalculator that can be used on the ACTS?
- Yes, this TI-83 is approved for use during the ACT and SAT testsby cbFLA7/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I was able to use it on my ACT and SAT, but you should always ask your school or where you will be taking the test to make sure. This model is usually ok. I know my college math teacher did not allow us to use the 89 model on tests because of some of the "conveniences" it hasby ArmyWifeAmanda97/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the 83 shows the vertical assumtopes on graphs and the 84 does not. that's the biggest difference and the only one that I am aware of.by ArmyWifeAmanda97/18/2014Was this answer helpful? (7) (3)Was this answer helpful?