About this item
The Tetra Glofish Size 3 Aquarium Kit includes: seamless aquarium size 3, clear cover, base frame, aquarium light with blue LEDs, low voltage power supply, Tetra Internal Filter, Tetra Medium Filter Cartridge, Tetracare registration and usage information and Tetracare complete aquarium set-up guide.
- Blue LEDs to enhance glofish colors
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||4.9|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||14.56 x 8.81 x 11.19|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- If you intend to put fish in it, yes, it needs to be declorinatedby Myta4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no tap water is only good for medium sized fish that do not require dechlorinated waterby babyllove19794/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Sit your water for 24hrs & always add dechlorinator.by Kbrew1234/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- For proper care of your fish, you must treat the water to start the tank and with every water change. Tetra AquaSafe is the recommended water treatment for proper fish health. In order to help you with proper tank maintenance and set up, please sign up for TetraCare (www.tetracare.com). Sign up for the FREE TetraCare program and get: • An easy, personalized regimen for the set-up, care and maintenance of your aquarium •Regular tips and advice from our team of experts • E-minders that walk you through each important step, from set-up through maintenance, as you build your land or water world •Money-saving offers and valuable coupons •Direct access to our TetraCare team at 1-800-423-6458, with Rapid Response answers to your questions •Our online resource library , including FAQs, a set-up tutorial and much moreby TetraCustomerRelations4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- pre conditioned water use Aqua safe - makes water safe and healthy for fish and tetre easybalance - weekly to maintain ideal water chemistry resulting in reduced maintenance and water changes.by MiSZVICTORIA4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not use tap water in mine. I find it best to use mineral water, but not the Sam's Club type. I forget why that one isn't the same, though. Sorry. Tap water is okay as long as you treat it with a dechlorinator. Walmart carries it, as well as water conditioner. I recommend treating the water in another container and leaving it for at least 24 hours before changing things out. That gives it time to settle and should be about the same temperature as what's currently in your tank. When you clean your tank, do NOT use soap or cleaning chemicals. Even if it has algae, you can get by using a wash cloth. If it's really bad, a plastic kitchen scrubber (the kind with a sponge wrapped with plastic mesh) will help. Just don't scrub too hard because the tank is plastic and will scratch easier.by katillac10/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- ALWAYS dechlorinate your water -- you literally burn the fish's fins when you do not. And NEVER remove more than 50% of the old water or else the tank will have to cycle again which kills most fish.by MobileGal4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The guy at walmart told me that for small fish it is 5 fish per gallon and for larger fish 2 per gallon. I have 7 in mine and they are fine. By the time you put plants, rock, heater, and filter in the tank, it holds about 2.5 gallons of water (maybe a little less). Hope this helps.by LightmakersRango5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- general rule of thumb 1 inch of fish per gallon but the answer for this tank is none except a betta. Gofish are a schooling fish so they need to be kept in a group of 5 to 6 and no smaller than a 10 gallon tank.by Newmomma2b5/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The general rule of thumb with fish is one inch of fish per gallon, so if you have the GloFish Danios, you could get 3, if you have a larger fish (like a betta) you would only want 1.by Myta4/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 1 or 2by babyllove19794/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 1 inch per gallon is your safest bet. So (1) 3" fish or (3) 1" fishby Kbrew12312/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The recommended rule of thumb for proper fish health is 1 inch of fish per gallon of water. This tank is 3 galons, so you can stock it with three 1 inch long fish or 6 1/2 inch long fish.by TetraCustomerRelations4/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The general rule for aquariums is one gallon for every inch of fish. I have a bit of experience in keeping small tanks and it irks me that they show a bunch of fish in the picture. The maxiumum I'd recomment for glofish is three, and maybe a single ramshorn snail or mystery snail. Those are good for helping to keep the tank clean, but you still should change 1/3 to 1/2 of the water on a weekly basis (with dechlorinated water). Hope this helps!by katillac6/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 3. Although it does not clearly say it in the description, the size is in gallons, so a Size 3 is 3 gallons.by Myta5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 2.5by babyllove197912/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 3by Kbrew12311/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This tank is a 3 Gallon tank.by TetraCustomerRelations11/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 3 Gallon.by MiSZVICTORIA10/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Three gallons. It's on the box, but it's only viewable if you hover your mouse over the picture to see the larger version.by katillac2/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?