About this item
Transferring files is easy with the Targus TGR-MSD500 USB 2.0 SD Card Reader. This card reader features lightning-fast data-transfer speeds and high levels of encrypted security. It works fast to transfer data in just a few minutes. It is quick to install and very simple to use. This USB card reader is flat and compact and can be carried in your pocket wherever you go. The cap on the USB protects it when it is not in use. It is compatible with Windows Me/2000/XP/Vista and Mac Osx V10.1.2 Plus. It supports SD/SDHC/MMC/Micro SD/T-F. This micro SD card reader is a functional product that makes data transfer a lot easier.
Targus TGR-MSD500 USB 2.0 SD Card Reader:
|Memory Type:||Secure Digital|
|Usb Backwards Compatibility:||Yes|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.15|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||3.8 x 1.8 x 5.8|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- It does NOT say it supports that Memory card, on the package.by micronkorg2/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think that's just another name for an SD card. The bigger regular SD card from my digital camera fit as did the micro card from my phone. Hope this helps.by Gracie3124/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It says it will read High Speed SD/SDHC/MMC Micro SD/ T-F My micro card has an adapter so it fitsby AutoFocus12/21/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As long as its an SD card. It should be good. I don't think it works with micro card.by Ogbeni12/21/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Memory Stick is a SONY product and it won't work in this device. The device states on the front the devices it supports: SD/SDHC/MMC/Micro SD/T-F. That is all. (These abbreviations are: Secure Digital (High Capacity), MultiMedia Card, and TransFlash, which is now the Micro SD.) Micro SD/T-F go in the small slot; the others go in the large slot.by Spike1111114/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it only accepts SD cards. A memory stick is USB, which plugs in directly to your computer.by JulesTwin7/8/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- You might be seeing the same behavior other reviewers have reported, that it doesn't work, at least with some sizes of card. Mine worked fine with 8Gb SDHC, but not with 2Gb or 16Gb cards.by hoowee3/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The instructions that came with this says to insert the card with label on card facing up, along with the Targus name (on the reader) also facing up. Did not work for me. I had to insert the card with label facing DOWN for the computer to find the card. Then it workedby micronkorg3/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If you have Windows 7 you don't need to download driver. But it will not read 2GB cards. 4GB and 512MB ok. Get Gear Head cr3500. It will read all SD cards. Same Price.by Outdoorman624/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- This reader doesn't use a driver. It works like a flash drive. You just plug it in, open it in "my computer", and go from there.by Gracie3124/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- For Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, you will not need a driver to operate the Targus adapter. The website www.targusdigital.com, when you type in the model number, will send you to another website that has the driver. (In my review I wonder whether this is the right driver.) But do you observe what I do? that windows assigns the Targus a drive letter when you plug it in? If Windows Explorer shows that the card is inserted, the thing that "keeps saying to insert disk" is not Windows. It might be an old program or game. Windows sends all programs a message that there's a new disk now, and your program isn't paying attention. Can you insert the card before you start that program? It sounds as though you aren't missing the driver.by Spike1111112/8/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it does. I bought it for an SDHC memory card I needed to be read on my computer. It brought up the pictures and documents instantly..by Jellybeanlc3/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes...it says it does on the package.by micronkorg11/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's supposed to! Worked fine for 1 day, then stopped working :(by RobOregon5/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes It Does....by bry333an5/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, works fineby farnfam5/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?