About this item
Stay cool and breathe fresh air with this powerful and portable Sunpentown WA-1220E Air Conditioner. This attractive portable unit effectively improves air circulation while it's cooling you and your environment. Cooling a space up to 400 sq ft, this 12,000-BTU Air Conditioner is a workhorse that's compact enough to take with you to a stuffy office, vacation cabin, anywhere! Using innovative self-evaporating technology, it dehumidifies as it cools the air, making your space even more comfortable. Other features of the Sunpentown WA-1220E Air Conditioner include a digital temperature display, two fan speeds, an activated carbon filter for odor removal and a fire-resistant PVC plastic housing. The environmentally-conscious 12,000-BTU portable air conditioner uses less than 1,000 watts of power and boasts the EPA's coveted High Efficiency seal.
Sunpentown Portable Air Conditioner, 12,000 BTU:
- Power consumption: 950 watts/9A
- Self-evaporating system
- Digital temperature display
- Two fan speeds
- 520 m3/h air volume
- Dehumidifier functions automatically in air conditioner mode
- UL-required LCDI plug
- Fire-resistant PVC plastic housing
- Activated carbon filter helps remove odor
- Washable air filter collects dust particles
- Directional air discharge louvers
- Built-in water tank or extended water tube for continuous drainage
- Digital thermostat with remote control
- Choice of programmable timer or continuous operation
- Window kit and extendable (up to five ft) exhaust hose
- Casters for easy mobility
- Uses standard 120V/60Hz outlets
- Model# WA-1220E
- Also available in most Wal-Mart stores
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||75.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||15.75 x 15.5 x 30.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. I want to vent the exhaust hose through a brick wall. Is there any way I can reduce the diameter of the exhaust hose to 4 inches or less?
- It will reduce the cooling capacity of the unit if you do this. Best to use same size or larger.by timstdy6/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No reason not to be able to...just head to your local hardware store for exhaust hoses and attachments. If you're uncertain how to do this, ask one of the employee's how you'd do it. This may take some ingenuity on your part to complete successfully.by ashugar9/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It would not be recommended. If putting bends in the exhaust hose will cause problems, reducing fromt he 5" to a 4" or smaller hole will really cause problems. The hose will heat up, the hot exhaust air will 'build up' and radiate into the room. Also, with a decrease in exhaust flow rate, the unit will not function properly. Air conditioners work by removing heat from the air (along with water). By restricting the exhaust air flow, you are restricting its ability to get rid of the heat it is removing. My suggestion is to not do this.by opnorty9/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You may have to elimited the connector that comes with the unit. Connect the hose to the wall and use foil tape to secure it.by helper029/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no. this is an a/c unit, not a heater.by ashugar9/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This unit does not have a heater.by helper029/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, this particular model does not have a heater.by sharingmyopinion887/27/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The manufacturer makes other models with both a cooling and heating option.by CityGrrl7/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. The ventilation is required for this A/C.by helper029/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- only if you have a vent to run it outsideby Roadrunner28818/27/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No - I thought that you could but the hot exhaust just comes back in to the room without it (I bought it because I thought you could!)by citytocountry8/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?