About this item
"It" can be anything. A fanged monster that won't stay on the movie screen. Something ominous lurking in the basement. No matter what your biggest fear is, no one knows "It" better than Stephen King. Based on King's 1986 bestseller, "It" is a jittery, jolting excursion into personal fear starring Harry Anderson, Annette' O'Toole, John Ritter, and Richard Thomas. A malevolent force in a small New England town takes the shape of a clown (Tim Curry), but he's not clowning around. Instead, he terrifies youngsters and brings some to their untimely doom - until some wily kids fight back. The evil resurfaces 30 years later: meaner, angrier, deadlier. And friends who vividly remember youthful terrors reunite to battle "It".
Audio Commentary, Interactive Menus, Scene Access.
Subtitles: English (Closed Captioned), French & Spanish.
|Starring:||Tim Curry, John Ritter, Annette O'Toole, Richard Masur, Richard Thomas, Tim Reid, Dennis Christopher, Harry Anderson|
|Studio Name:||Warner Home Video|
|DVD Release Date:||09/07/2010|
|Run Time (in minutes):||187 minutes|
|Audio Tracks:||AC, Dolby Digital Surround|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.25|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.8 x 7.8 x 7.8|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I don't believe it is rated R, it was a made-for-television movie, which in today's standards would be rated TV14, at most. There is no violence, but it a little scarey for the young ones. The premise of the story is about the murder of several children - which is a horrible subject, to say the least. There is a suicide scene with blood and an open-eyed corpse, so that can leave some impressions as well. I wouldn't recommend this for any child under 10, unless you want to sleep with them for a week and have them scared of clowns.by HappiKampers10/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Because it's SCARY!! (my copy is actually NR). The blurb is "the Master of Horror unleashes everything you were ever afraid of" (Master of Horror= Stephen King). It is scary!!by nomorenamesleft9/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Because of the graphics.by Gammie12188/25/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The one I have is not rated, but it has a PG Canadian home rating. There are some bloody scenes, scary scenes and some cursing. The gory parts aren't very realistic.I think too, one man committs suicide in it.by OnlyMyKids7/28/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Language and violence and murder would be the reasons for the R Rating. It is a great movie, but not for the little ones at all and in all honesty not for the ones under 18 really.by JonAFVet487/25/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- scary, blood, death.by DVDMom4373/27/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- languageby lovepassion3/24/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think it is the content. It's about children being abducted etc. Plus it has that darn clown and I hate clowns but it fits for this movie.by rebadeebs3/19/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the reason it's rated r because of the violence and disturbing imagery in the motion pictureby Horrorsoftheworld2/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Well its not only rated R because of language, but steven king has some pretty scary stuff in all of his movies, some of his movies have alot of gore in them.by DanceIsMyObsession11/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?